Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a 2003 Tarus SEL with about 82K miles. I would normally avoid cars with more than 40K, but this one is very clean and well equipped. The car is Arizona Beige with a 2-tone leather interior. Duratec, wood steering wheel, side air bags, floor shift, traction control, silver faced gauges, the works. The leather is like new, even better than that in my SES wagon that I bought with 36K miles on it. Undercarriage is spotless and so is the engine bay. Other than the color and the miles it is exactly what I have been looking for.

What is a fair price for this car?

·
Registered
290 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if it were selling for 7k.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
I'm guessing this is @ a car lot? I wouldn't want to pay much over 7K for it. It's 6 years old.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (Bull Geek @ Jun 22 2009, 07:09 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=734298
I'm guessing this is @ a car lot? I wouldn't want to pay much over 7K for it. It's 6 years old.[/b]
Yeah, It's at a local Ford dealer. I normally avoid dealers, but have been having a lot of trouble finding a privately sold Taurus or Sable that is really clean. I spend a lot of time in my car and hate driving someone's pigsty.

I've got him down to $5,500, but am still reluctant. The miles bother me a bit.

·
Registered
290 Posts
it's a bit more than 20000km a year. which means, he wasn't just going to the corner store to get a case of beer. This was his daily driver. How does carfax look?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
QUOTE (Enzo731 @ Jun 22 2009, 07:30 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=734304
it's a bit more than 20000km a year. which means, he wasn't just going to the corner store to get a case of beer. This was his daily driver. How does carfax look?[/b]
Carfax looks good. One owner car, registered in a pretty affluent town and all services during the warranty period were done at the dealer. The car was very well cared for.

The problem for me is that I put about 30K miles a year on a car. In a year this thing will be close to 125K miles. Not sure if i should wait for one with lower mileage of if I should just jump on this one. There are a lot of these cars for sale, but most seem to have unloved and treated like rentals. Honstly, this one could pass for 8K miles.

·
Registered
290 Posts
It's a vulcan SEL or a Tec?

·
Registered
7,373 Posts
We've got a 98(?) SHO in our area with 69k for under 5 grand at a dealership to give you a range...

I'd see if you could talk the dealer down under 5k personally....

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
Here's another example:
03 SEL premium, every available option, inc side air bags, silver out, black leather 91,000 miles, private owner, asking $5,950 in Plymouth/Canton, MI. :)

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
Thry probably gave the poor sucker who traded it in $3000-3500. If he was lucky......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts