• sable

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • taurus

Votes: 21 72.4%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
The gen 3 SHO has to be the best of all, but ignoring the SHO, I still like the gen 3 Taurus a lot, and also the gen 4 Sable. I would certainly prefer the 2005 Sable (or whatever was the latest) to my 99 Taurus. The generation 4 Taurus is kinda bland and has the fleet car stigma IMHO (most were fleet cars I think). So, I am not sure which way to vote..

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Taurus by far. To me the styling especially on the Gen 3 Sable looks like an afterthought. The squared off rear window and the thin tail lights just don't work with the overall design IMHO

·
Registered
564 Posts
I voted Taurus but I really liked a '94 Sable I had for several years so could go either way.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I voted Sable first because I have one ;) second because I just generally prefer the body shape of the Sable over the Taurus, and third, because as someone else mentioned, when I see a Taurus, especially Gen 4, I always think it should have a Hertz or Avis sticker on it. No offense to Taurus owners. I actually think I prefer the front grill on the Gen 4 Taurus to that of the Sable though, which I think is pretty bland. I especially like the ones with the spear and the blue oval over the honeycomb grill. One negative about the Gen 4 Sable rear end design...the long sloping rear window cuts deeply into the trunk opening so that although the trunk itself is enormous, it can be difficult to fit large objects through the opening.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Taurus, especially the gen 2 and 4. Only thing I like about the Sable is the Gen 4 frontend with the foglights. It's rearend is too low for my liking. Though a Gen 4 duratec Sable wagon is the sex.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have always liked the Taurus styling more. Not too huge on the 4th Gen Taurus or Sable though....

·
Registered
701 Posts
I like all of the Taurii better than the Sables. I think Ford tried to hard to get the Sable to look different from the Taurus while being able to share the most amount of components that the Sable just looks odd.

·
COTM Advisor
1,013 Posts
I'm more partial to the gen 2 Sable.

·
Devoted Member
2,426 Posts
The Gen 3 Taurus, all day. Sexy curves and a nice round rear end, like my wife!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I loved the light bar on the 95 sable that I modded with LED's but I voted taurus cuz i know own one and like it better, that and I've driven two '94 taurus one with 800,000 miles and one that had rolled over with 1,220,000 miles on it and it was still driving nice haha

·
Former Moderpony
1,215 Posts
Gen 1- Taurus
Gen 2- Sable
Gen 3- Taurus
Gen 4- Taurus sedan, Sable wagon (the G4 Sable front end looks great, but was matched with an odd body. Works very well with the wagon rear though)
Gen 5- Sable

·
Registered
50 Posts
I loved the light bar on the 95 sable that I modded with LED's but I voted taurus cuz i know own one and like it better, that and I've driven two '94 taurus one with 800,000 miles and one that had rolled over with 1,220,000 miles on it and it was still driving nice haha
Sheesh. How many transmissions have they been through? :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts