Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well after a bit of searching I found a few really nice looking sets of rims. Id like your guys thoughts on them. All 3 sets are factory Jaguar rims. Listed in the order I Like them:

19" Juptier:

20" Cremona:

20" Senta:

·
Premium Member
7,050 Posts
#2 :thumb:

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Currently Im torn between the 19" Jupiters and the 20" Cremonas. Both come in either silver alloy or plated chrome. Only down side is they are rather expensive. I'm sure I can find some for alot cheaper if I look hard enough. So whats your guys thoughts? Siliver or Chrome? Jupiters or Cremonas? Ill probably make a couple photoshops later today.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I know they will fit the bolt pattern but be careful of the offset, those Jags are RWD and have a different offset than a FWD vehicle. That being said.... I like the 19" Jupiter's - anything bigger in a Taurus and it will ride like poo lol.

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know they will fit the bolt pattern but be careful of the offset, those Jags are RWD and have a different offset than a FWD vehicle. That being said.... I like the 19" Jupiter's - anything bigger in a Taurus and it will ride like poo lol.
yeah I know. all three sets are staggered. Meaning the fronts have a different offset than the rears. What I planned on doing was getting 4 fronts. As for 20's , I have a body kit on mine that drops the side skirts down about 1.5 to 2" all the way around. Which tends to make the 20's look just fine. SO please if you like the Cremona's but picked the jupiter's just because they're 19's let me know. Altho I'm swaying twards the Jupiters myself. Looks like I got SAS but thats just the 300lbs of audio equipment in the trunk lol. Im tracking down some "helper" air bags to fix that as we speak.

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
4 Front Rims! genius! i didnt think of them as far as beating the offset.

what if you could do that with other wheels like cobra rims? with adapters, the 9" rears wouldnt fit but if you bought 4 fronts it should work great right?

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
As long as the overall offset is within the "Taurus's" offset range then I don't see why not. Just remember that if your rims have a positive offset and using adapters, them subtract from the positive offset. SO if your offset is +47 and you use a 3/4" (19mm) adapter you'd have 47 - 19 = 28. So you'd have an offset of +28 which isnt within range...

·
Premium Member
1,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
sojia that black taurus gen 4 what headlights, hood does it have? and what about the grill or is it all photoshop
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3199106/2005-ford-taurus

Custom retrofitted FX35 HIDs
http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/116...tom-retrofitted-centennials-fx35-85122-a.html

Hood is a universal SS (camaro) style hood scoop that was fabed up on my stock hood.

And the Grille is just a stock chrome I had chromed. and I repainted the ford emblem to be black rather than ford blue.

http://www.taurusclub.com/forum/116...140092-how-change-color-you-ford-emblems.html

headlights b4 repainting (but clean car!)

More recent pic with headlights repainted (but car is dirty!)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts