Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious what everyone does for a living. It helps to get an idea of the people we deal with in the club for those of us who don't get to get out to the meets.

I'll start off :

Concrete estimator (mostly high-rise) for Miller and Long Co., Inc.

·
Registered
746 Posts
im currently a student studying construction management(we even study things like estimating concrete
). during the summers i work construction, and after school ill probably be a superintendent or something like that for residential construction.

J

·
0 Posts
I've got my own company (with two other partners) doing computer consulting, web hosting and just about anything technology related. - www.accuson.com

B

·
0 Posts
It's a long list:

Machinist/Fabricator/Millwright for a local industrial repair co.

Owner, fabricator, and whipping boy, Anonda Motorsports

Superdad

Superhusband (don't tell her I said that though
)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Reformed mechanical engineer from the automotive industry and now civil engineer (no automotive jobs in south Florida). My advice is to stay in school and one day you too may earn the medium bucks (as opposed to the few around here that earn the big bucks).

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
I am a licensed plumber, who works part-time for the University that I attend as a full-time mechanical engineering student. I used to be a full-time staff member for the school, but quit to attend classes. I also play bass in a couple bands (I only mention this because the money we make helps pay the bills).

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Bob Gervais@Feb 25 2004, 01:52 PM
It's a long list:

Machinist/Fabricator/Millwright for a local industrial repair co.

Owner, fabricator, and whipping boy, Anonda Motorsports

Superdad

Superhusband (don't tell her I said that though
)
Dad and husband don't count because they cause bills, not pay them.

But I ditto that. Wife and daughter are my #ONE joy in life.

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by hoss@Feb 25 2004, 01:32 PM
im currently a student studying construction management(we even study things like estimating concrete
). during the summers i work construction, and after school ill probably be a superintendent or something like that for residential construction.
I see you're in NC. What school do you go to? One of my coworkers went to East NC State or somthing. I think there mascot is the Pirate.

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Sheriff's Deputy, Corporal - Patrol Division & Part Time at a local Fire Department.
Father of two, Husband of one. (though two wouldn't be bad!
or would it)

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm the Front Desk Manager for a condominium resort and slave to my daughters.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
My husband and I both work in a factory making car handles, cupholders, console lids for new cars. It's a good job but I'd like to go to college to maybe be a mechanic.

Stacie

·
Registered
369 Posts
Full time = college student
Part time = network engineer for Mercy Hospital. Note: job is subject to change as I am a temp worker.

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
I work for the Department of Defense. That's all I'm allowed to say in public forums.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Full time mechanical engineering student.
Part time Kroger clerk.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'm a Senior in high school right now. I'd love to open up my own performance shop and garage someday, either that or i'd love to become a record producer. My parent's dont agree with either, but they wouldnt stop me from either of them.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts