Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I grabbed a pair of rear KYB quick struts, there was a rebate on

Gonna get on it when it cools down soon

Anyone have a part number for the pinch bolts all around?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just put some front struts on 2011. When I bought mine from Rock Auto parts Description showed a load rating that might not be exact wording with the various parts listed for my Model. Well that where confusion came in. Rock Auto did not know what the listing meant, It is not listed in any in Chitons repair manual, had to male a trip to Ford dealer. A young Mechanic that just came from a Ford training session explain it like this: Each sub model Se, Sel, and a couple other models and a British model have a different ride level and handling, such has the Sho has a stiffer ride due to to it having more performance out put. He said a lot home mechanics go the route of quick struts. And he states that these mechanics had said the car handle like a fat lady on a skate board They usually brought the cars in to have the individual parts install as I did .At the time their was only Monroe O Matic they did not have a quick strut by Ford out at that time. They still do not recommend quick struts and it will change your 4 wheel alignment and they may not get align correctly. I have the correct number around here somewhere. I am in a wheelchair for now an had an outside Mechanic install the parts. And when you buy from Rock auto be sure to buy hardware for it also it does not come with struts. On things breaking our 2002 Taurus drivers side front strut or spring went out while driving down a freeway , the traffic investigators were not conclusive. We were driveling down the highway and one of the parts gave way strut went thru fire wall car drop on tire and shred it spring jamb in axle are something hit concrete median block then was hit by several cars. So far Insurance not paying still in courts. I was driving my truck. Wife was complaining wanted another car bought this 2011 Taurus. Really a clean car. Front started to squeak that why I replace struts springs all front end parts. The car is nice but start to be money pit. Tires are real expensive for it. And passenger side is taking on water after heavy rain. Dealer wants a $1000.00 to fix said he has to pull dash. We went down to Buick and looking at buying a new Buick. We been with Ford about 38 years. Trucks and cars. But unfourtantly they have really went downhill. My 96 Ford truck was my last one I bought and it spent more time in the repair garage than on the road. Hell this one lost it front end differential. Really getting it in the shorts to repair this one.. .

21 - 23 of 23 Posts