Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2005 Five Hundred and the A/C is blowing cool but not cold. I only have a 30 day warrenty, so I need to make sure they fix this NOW. What do I tell the dealership I want checked specifically? How do I sound like I know what I'm talking about? How to I become aggresive in dealing with this?
I'm afraid they'll hop in the car, turn on the air, and tell me it's fine without checking anything. Then a month down the road I'm spending $1000 on a new compressor out of warranty while trying to make a car payment.

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
stick a temp gauge in the vent and turn on the a/c. see what the temp is of the air coming out. if the temp isnt in normal range then it might have a line leak or bad temp control. if its a leak the dealer has the tools to locate and repair ( r 134 sniffer ) the dealer dont like spending money on used cars. if they say it was low on r 134 and they refilled it to solve the problem ask where the r 134 went... did they find a leak. so on and so forth till they fix it. it should be in the 50s to 60s depending on the outside temp. let it run for about 5 to 10 mins to get a good temp reading

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Went to the top manager at the dealership. I told him the salesman promised to fix it, brought it in, then they pretended to work on it, and nothing was fixed. The top guy at the dealer had me bring it in and it was the compressor was bad. That's like a 500-1000 dollar job, but they fixed it for free.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts