Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently met a guy that has a couple of nice grey leather Gen III SHO seats with grey cloth inserts he wants to sell me. They are 8 way adjustible power but the problem is I currently have manual seats. What other goodies do I need for the conversion?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He might not know what he's talking about but I want those seats really bad. Now that I think about it, they look more like Gen II seats.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
My Sable does have leather trimmed seats with cloth inserts but they are 6-way with lumbar. I haven't heard of 8-way Taurus seats...maybe the SHO seats are 8-way, but they would be all leather.

JR

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Now that I look at the picture, they do look like Gen II seats. The Gen III leather/cloth seats had side bolsters that go all the way down and aren't sectioned like those are.

BTW...why do you need new seats???

JR

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The cloth has taken a pounding, and the front passenger seat got ripped by my sister when she was trying to move some kitchen utensils. One of the knives went through the box because she put a heavier box on top and it crushed the lower one sending the knife blade through the cloth. Bummer.
This is what he emailed me:

I'm asking $115 for the set, both front seats are in excellent shape and both are the full 8 way power seats. I live about 40 minutes from Mobile. Attached are some pics. Let me know, I need to get rid of these soon. I also have an older pair of full grey leather Sable seats that will fit a Taurus, they have some wear though.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Maybe one of the Gen II guys will be better able to help you out with the origin of the seats. $115 seems like a fair price to me, but I've never heard of 8-way seats in a Tauri.

As for the power, I would think that the wires would have already been run, since your car was likely put together on order, and in that case, they would have put all standard equipment in, then put in optional power seats after it had left primary production.

JR

·
Premium Member
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey, thanks for the info godspunk. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
I agree... they are 6-way seats from a Gen 2. I've seen those before, and AFAIK, they were an option on certain years of Gen 2 SHOs. 6-way--thats Forward, Backward, Front up, Front down, Back up, Back down. I think he's adding in Lumbar + and Lumbar - to come up with "8-way", which is not the industry norm. Ford would call that 6-way with Lumbar. Or maybe he's thinking that UP and DOWN are discrete channels, but it's actually just a combination of Front up and Back up simultaneously, etc.

Gen 3 SHO seats are almost always 6-way + Lumbar.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Originally posted by gryphon1011@Jul 29 2004, 03:04 PM
The cloth has taken a pounding, and the front passenger seat got ripped by my sister when she was trying to move some kitchen utensils. One of the knives went through the box because she put a heavier box on top and it crushed the lower one sending the knife blade through the cloth. Bummer.
This is what he emailed me:

I'm asking $115 for the set, both front seats are in excellent shape and both are the full 8 way power seats. I live about 40 minutes from Mobile. Attached are some pics. Let me know, I need to get rid of these soon. I also have an older pair of full grey leather Sable seats that will fit a Taurus, they have some wear though.
hmm...women and knives... :blink:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts