Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i don't know what to do. my wifes grandmother is dieing and she wants to drive to nv from ga with 4 kids w/o a licence. plus she has this guy that i don't know that wants to get a ride with her to las vegas on her way. i don't know this guy and my wife has a history of cheating on me. so i don't know what i should do. i'm here in iraq and there isn't much i can do to stop her. but i'm sure i know she'll listen to me but i don't know what to do i just want some input from you guys.

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Tell her to take a bus.

On the guy, tell her that if she's cheating and you find out, that it's over when you get back, and you're taking the kids with you. Remind her that driving across several states with 4 kids and no license is endangering the welfare of a minor, times 4, and all of that coupled with you being a military vet, there isn't a court in the country wouldn't think twice of granting you custody.

I'm sure everyone here will hate me for saying breaking up a family is a solution, but the reality is that kids are very impressionable, and they need to learn that doing things like cheating on daddy with another man while driving across the country without a license (breaking the law) will make mommy go bye-bye, rather than "we'll work it out". If they learn the latter, then I can almost guarantee that the kids later on in life will repeat this, and it will perpetuate from there.

Whatever you do, don't go Ike Turner on her.

·
Registered
799 Posts
File for divorce. Like Hamal said, I know people might not agree with this. In my own personal experience though, your kids will respect you more for not putting up with stupid stuff like this. Sounds pretty damn irresponsible, esp. when there's other ways of getting to where she needs to go.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well for one i wouldn't get all the kids since 2 of them aren't mine. and i don't see my wife being able to take a bus or plane with a 4,2,1 year old and a 3 month old. shes haveing enough troble tring to take care of them in the house by herself. and with a broken foot.

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
I'm a big proponent on the family, but I have to agree with Bob and Hamal that there are times when divorce is the better thing for children.

That said, tell your wife that if she were to get into an accident without a license she will financially ruin the family and you will call the police on her yourself if need be. I'd do it in a heartbeat. Like Hamal said, Greyhound is a very safe and cheap alternative; I've taken a Greyhound from TX to MI before and would do it again.

As far as the unknown man, absolutely not. I don't have a history of cheating on my wife and I still am never alone with a woman, whether it be for a lunch meeting or driving in a car. It's simply disrespectful to my wife.

·
Registered
799 Posts
That would be a little tough on the bus, I wasn't aware there was a newborn involved here.

Is there anyone in NV that could possibly watch at least some of the kids?

About the guy, I wouldn't go for it. It could be innocent but track records speak for themselves.

I don't have a history of cheating on my wife and I still am never alone with a woman, whether it be for a lunch meeting or driving in a car. It's simply disrespectful to my wife.
[/b]
I feel the same Daniel, well in my case it's a gf and not a wife, but we both feel the same. We've both been cheated on in past relationships, but have managed to build a level of trust. IMO not being with an unknown guy on a cross country trip would do great things for building trust in this marriage.

showec, so you know, I feel for you man. I can't imagine what it must be like to be in your position. Even if it's just blowing steam, let us know if we can help. :thumb: :salute:

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
I wouldn't let her do anything with another guy. The temptation is there, and sometimes people can't help themselves. You would have to be a pretty rotten person to be doing anything like this while you are serving in Iraq. :salute:

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
What a loser... this guy wants to tag along with 4 kids and woman with no license just to get a ride to Vegas? If he were a half way decent guy, he'd be offering to drive her out and back. I think her priorities are skewed. The old lady is gonna die, why put 4 very young children at risk hauling them across country to see a dead woman? Take care of the 4 young lives first.

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
:ph34r: if she was in RI 1-800-RI-CHILD

Yes mam I just saw a (insert type of car and license plate) driving on (road)
the kids were not buckled in and one had to be no older then 2. I am so
concerned rigth now please have a state trooper stop this car before the kids die
in a traffic accdient at the fault of the female driver. :ph34r:

just curious how can any grown man or woman not have a drivers license. jesus sad.

·
michelle
1,364 Posts
Do you have any family near where she lives that could take care of the children? Have her get a plane ticket and have some family out in Nevada pick her up from the airport.

And then think about a separation. I know it's bad timing since you are in Iraq, but from the little we heard, it sounds like it needs to be done for everyone's sanity.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Tell her to take a bus.

On the guy, tell her that if she's cheating and you find out, that it's over when you get back, and you're taking the kids with you. Remind her that driving across several states with 4 kids and no license is endangering the welfare of a minor, times 4, and all of that coupled with you being a military vet, there isn't a court in the country wouldn't think twice of granting you custody.

I'm sure everyone here will hate me for saying breaking up a family is a solution, but the reality is that kids are very impressionable, and they need to learn that doing things like cheating on daddy with another man while driving across the country without a license (breaking the law) will make mommy go bye-bye, rather than "we'll work it out". If they learn the latter, then I can almost guarantee that the kids later on in life will repeat this, and it will perpetuate from there.

Whatever you do, don't go Ike Turner on her.
[/b]
i would have to agree ^^^^^^^

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Not sure if y'all go to church or not, but maybe they would be able to help your family out in some way? A guy bumming a ride cross-country sounds really sleazy. That's a heck of a lot of driving to do w/3 young children and a baby.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I hope things turn out for the best. Call your parents or friend, someone you trust if they can give her and the kids a ride, and tell the other guy to f*k himself.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Dude file for divorce, I know that susks to hear but if she cheats already its not like she is going to stop while you are thousands of miles away. Driving hundreds of miles with no license is just plain stupid what will happen when she gets pulled over? Who will drive then? The kids or the no faced man?

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
Dude file for divorce, I know that susks to hear but if she cheats already its not like she is going to stop while you are thousands of miles away. Driving hundreds of miles with no license is just plain stupid what will happen when she gets pulled over? Who will drive then? The kids or the no faced man?
[/b]
if she goes to jail for no license kids will goto a foster house if no immediate family around, until she gets out

·
Registered
64 Posts
Exactly! She is being self centered tell her to think about the kids if she gets caught. Theres alot of places to be busted between Georgia and Nevada.

·
Registered
799 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
if she goes to jail for no license kids will goto a foster house if no immediate family around, until she gets out
[/b][/quote]

Never thought of that part of the saga. That alone should be reason enough for her not to do it.

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
First, there is no reason to haul 4 children accross the country with an unknown man. For all you know that guy can be a child molester or even worse a serial killer. If you value your family's life by all means don't let her go (if she refuses to listen to you have a family member take the kids).... As far as cheating - I sure as HELL wouldn't trust her with another man if she has a history of cheating.

The man (and your wife) should respect you enough to not go through with this.

And if worse comes to worse - you're taking your children and filing for divorce...

Like it has been said, sometimes children are better off as far as divorce is concerned.

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
[/b][/quote]

Never thought of that part of the saga. That alone should be reason enough for her not to do it.
[/b][/quote]
not to sound self centered to the soldier but, he really doesn't want CPS knocking on his wive's door
if someone does complain. its not going to be like i don;t have to answer the door. if we know she's in there
with the kids we need to see we are getting in. we donlt need a court order to enter any house.we just
call the police and we get in. it won't be pretty if they get involved.

especially if she gets caught with no licnese then they will search everything regarding the kids.
scrapes and bruises if one kids utters anything close to abuse then it gets ugly quick.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Hey if I buy you lunch will you go get my kids for me?? Purty pleeeeze? :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts