Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im installing a lin converter for my 03 taurus. I dont know what colors and positive or negitive. I'M REALLY STUCK. i want to have it in before my wife get ready to go to her friends house. I also need to know where i can put my remote turn on wire. I doesnt work in the fuse or the speaker. i also cant get my radio out. I've tried it about 9 times and its not moving. but would i be able to put in on the back side of the radio where the wiring harness plugs in? I need help fast!!

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
the rcu is in the trunk behind the carpet on the driver side wheel well. the dash is just a control unit.
i havent looked at the speakers in a long time but normally there are 2 different size post on the speaker. the bigger post if + the smaller is -
for the remote i normally place it in the fuse box. i use a fuse that only gets power when the key is on.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks man. by any chance would u know how much it would cost for the pully that just bolts on the side. It was making a god awful sound when my wife got it. I stoped it but when it rains you can hear it again.

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
i would look at the belt. ford serp belts are garbage. i just changed mine. it didnt look bad at all but was making noise. changed it out with a gator back and havent had an issue since. for some reason the bull only behaves it self with the gator backs. it cost like 5 dollars more but will save you a world of headaches.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll try that when i get a little bit of money to spend on the motor stuff i need to do. im way over do for a oil change and i dont have the money for that even if i do it myself.

·
Registered
28 Posts
the best place for the remote wire is the sunroof wire that is in the passenger A-pillar.
remove the pillar cover and it will be the biggest wire there, its light-blue/black.
use a wire tap to make the connection with your remote wire. a pack available for a few bucks at radioshack. they will be good for making your LOC connections to the speaker wires as well.
like so:

this wire is switched and will turn on when you turn the key on, with a slight delay, so no pops either. and turns off when you open the door after turning the car off.

heres a link to the wiring diagram.
2002 Radio Wiring Diagram - Taurus Car Club Maintenance and Modification Wiki
R Rear - brown/pink
R Rear + orange/red

L Rear - tan/yellow
R Rear + gray/light-blue

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks its working real good with just the wiring i done but next time ill keep that in mind when i have to do it again to my own car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts