Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OKay. I know this has been posted on the board before because I've read it. Google wans't being to friendly to me either. I just keep forgetting to do the work that I need to do. I have my amps ghetto rigged to a toggle switch to turn them off and on. It works but sometimes I leave the amps on and end up draining my battery. Well, I'm pretty sure I have destroyed my Optima Red Top because of this. What color is the ignition wire (12+ when on) or power antenna wire(?)? Is there wire wire that supplies 12+ when the car if off? Got a Gen 4, btw.

Derek

·
Registered
5 Posts
usually w/ amps there is a remote connector that connects to a blue wire from your stereo so that when your stereo goes on your amp will. while the normal + contact just goes to the battery. i hope this helps cause i dont know the exact answer to your question

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've got a kit that runs to the stock RCU in the trunk because, in essesnce, that's where the stereo is. All the speakers run through there (atleast until I rewire everything...). Got a bundle of about a dozen wires and I know one of them has to be the remote. I'll give the blue wire a try. Thanks.

Derek

BTW, welcome to the club.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts