Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got these today!!! YAY!!!

One question I have, is what center caps will fit on them? IIRC, the slicer caps will, but I'm not sure at all...

Does anyone know of a set of "FORD" or "TAURUS" labeled centercaps that I can swap on?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In that case, some G1 slicer caps would be ideal, since they are blank. :)

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anybody know of any other caps that will fit?

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
the t-bird caps like the ones going on the white trash project that have the exposed lugs would fit, otherwise i think pretty much any taurus or sable caps should fit although idk how you will get them off again as the t-bird caps have the notch in them and the taurus and sable ones are in the rim

similar to this one

or you could try something like this this is one i pulled off of my sable and painted the "lugs" i dont really like the look of them i would like to find a set without the paint lol

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
uhhhh, maybe he could notch them himself???
[/b]

well if the cap is metal that could be kinda hard. the ones from my sable are plastic with aluminum wrapped around it would be very hard to notch without screwing up the cap

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
i think pretty much any taurus or sable caps should fit
[/b]
I know that's not right. There were at least three different types of them in terms of how they were held on. Slicer caps have a lip molded into the plastic, some caps have metal tabs, and others have plastic tabs with a metal ring to support them.

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The T-bird wheels have the notch in the rim itself, so that won't be a problem.

They are held on just like the slicer caps, but the rim is meal instead of plastic.

I don't think any 1996+ Taurus/Sable center caps will fit on it.

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
ok i guess i was wrong didnt realize there were so many diff styles of center caps would any of those caps be interchangeble even though they are diff styles, i would like to find some center caps for my wheels also but dont want my factory sable ones... i still like those t-bird caps with the exposed lugs though sean :dunno:

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I thought about it, but I don't care for the exposed lug look too much since mine are open-ended lugs and have a good deal of rust on them.

Also, I wouldn't be able to use those anyways. I was doing a search and found this picture of them. The wheels I have require a flat hub cover, and you can see that those are actually fluted to match the curves of the wheel itself :(

[attachmentid=27892]

I just figured something out. The hubcaps in the wheel that Sable23 posted won't fit, but there is a very similar hubcap that isn't fluted for T-bird super coupe and Taurus wheels:

So those would fit, but the one you posted is a wheel off of a standard T-bird. There is a member on here that has those wheels on his car and they look sweet. He had pictures posted of him driving on a pile of dirt or something...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
yeah the second cap you posted are the ones i had in mind i just couldnt find a pic of them i think those would look nice with some chrome lugs idk those are the only other ones i can think of right now besides the sho ones that dont have a t-bird on them

1 - 12 of 12 Posts