Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Take the time to recycle your oil filters, used oil & other fluids, Don't toss the filters into the trash, as the remaining oil inside, & that remaining in the saturated media, even if we drain the filter, can leak out & eventually pollute ground water!!!

Not all stores will accept oil filters for recycling, but O'Reilly around me will & also take the used engine oil, as well as used, transmission, transfer case, differential oils, brake fluid, coolant & batteries.

If you know of other stores that will also recycle used oil filters, why not post up their names here, so we build a range of choices depending on where we live.

The oil filter steel & oil remaining inside can be recycled. Here is a short video of what one company does to recycle used oil filters.
The yearly collection volume numbers of metal & oil Not going into landfills might surprise you.
Enjoy the well done video, I sure did!!!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Good video. I've wondered how the recycling process works. If you're not sure if a store collects them for recycling, just call ahead.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
blueberry
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing