Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
i payed $310 with shipping on ebay. and the rims were never balanced besides from the factory.

i like what u did with your sel rims. i wanted to get those insted and do a blue accent.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey thanx ... but how much did you pay just for the rims i guess with out shipping?? if you dont mind me asking :) the rims i am looking at are in exelent shape...maybe have been ballaced sence the factory ...but no major marks or scratches

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
The pair I just bought from an eBay vendor were $53 each plus shipping. Clean, no scratches. I was very pleased.

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
Just search for "Taurus Wheel 16" and be patient. Most of the listings are for single wheels starting at $79 with "buy it now" for $99. Lots of them available. Look for the best deal.

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
Also try car-parts.com and see if the local junkyards near you have them. Also, don't really know what you guys are talking about balancing the rims. You normally balance the tire with the rim, not just the rim.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ya but when they are balaced the guys arent to friendly about it... they just kinda beat them in to submition and it scraches the rim...

and the wheels i am looking are are at the ONLY junckyard around me lol :( being in a small town can have its downsides (usualy more down that up but i like it)....

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
Most of the self-serve wreckers around here charge more for alloy wheels than steel, and more for larger-diamerter ones as well.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
I wouldnt pay more than 225-250

-Damon

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
I think I'm going to try and sell my black SEL rims. Balanced and the tires are goodyears with only 3k on them, paint is chipped on a couple places on one wheel. Any one know what kind of shipping would be the cheapest?

·
Premium Member
599 Posts
I paid $285 including shipping for my 2002 SEL wheels off of Ebay. Brand new, still in the box from Ford.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts