Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 Taurus SE Vulcan Flex.

Right rear trunk under felt flap near spare tire.

I can see that the outer insulation is worn off around the penetration. No bare wires visible but I haven't checked that closely.

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am still curious if anyone knows what these wires control. I hope that isn't too much trouble for somebody. Thanks in advance.

I ended up putting some liquid electrical tape on it and covered it with a thin rubber sheet for extra protection. Oddly enough it was right under where I kept a toolbox.

·
Registered
716 Posts
From what I can tell on my wiring diagrams, it appears to be the wiring loom from in-cab to outside for the fuel pump wiring loom.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From what I can tell on my wiring diagrams, it appears to be the wiring loom from in-cab to outside for the fuel pump wiring loom.

I really appreciate you looking it up I hoped being in such an open place someone had come across it and just knew. Again thanks for the extra effort.

·
Registered
6,606 Posts

Seems to far to the rear of the car to be the fuel pump wiring since the pump is located under the rear seat. My guess without looking it up is the license plate lights but a pure guess.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts