Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some guy who owns Gary Ridgeway's old Gen 1 Sable is trying to sell it. He wants $12,000 for it and will include Ridgeway's insurance receipt that was left in the car. For those of you who do not know who Ridgeway is, he is the (accused?) Green River Killer of Washington State. IIRC he has confessed to something like thirty murders and is suspected of a large number of others. The local news said he had the car up on ebay, but was pulled because they consider it offensive.

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
"There is a sucker born every minute." -- W.C. Fields

·
Registered
379 Posts
I was contacted by the Green River Task Force last year and asked to notify them who buys the car[/b]
What does this imply? That the authorities reserve the right to sieze the car as possible evidence of additional murders at any time? I don't get it.

Personally, I think its downright disgusting and revolting that someone would try and cash in like that jerk is doing. There are what, 30+ families out there grieving over the deaths of their loved ones, and this clown is showcasing one of the killer's vehicles on eBay like it's some sort of collectible item? Real classy guy. Heck, maybe he'll even try and sell it to one of the victims' relatives, pitching something along the lines of: "Hey, don't you want to own the car that your daughter was mutulated in"? The fact that there might even be a market out there (consisting of a bunch of borderline psychotics themselves) doesn't make it OK.

Yea sure, he's not looking to get rich, he's only asking 12k for a car worth about 1K. <_<

Yea sure, his wife suddenly decided she doesn't like the car any more, so that's why he's selling it at this time. <_<

Utterly pathetic, if you ask me.

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
Originally posted by Troper8@Jan 30 2004, 02:49 PM
P.T. Barnum not W.C. FIelds

·
Registered
147 Posts
Originally posted by mwt+Jan 31 2004, 07:00 AM-->QUOTE (mwt @ Jan 31 2004, 07:00 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Troper8
@Jan 30 2004, 02:49 PM
P.T. Barnum not W.C. FIelds [/b]
"There is a sucker born every minute, and two to take him"
P.T. Barnum

·
Banned
509 Posts
Who cares? I dont think it is sick.. It is a famous muderers car.. Some people collect that stuff.. Hell, it seems like you are over-reacting to the situation.. Why is that so "offencive" or something?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
it's not like its actual videotapes or pictures of the murders. some people have weird hobbies, take us for example, we love ford tauruses, thats weird in my book.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Originally posted by FatTortoise@Feb 1 2004, 02:19 PM
Who cares? I dont think it is sick.. It is a famous muderers car.. Some people collect that stuff.. Hell, it seems like you are over-reacting to the situation.. Why is that so "offencive" or something?
I don't know you at all, but I would be willing to bet my own life that you wouldn't be saying "who cares" if your mother, sister or best friend was one of those found dead on the side of the road, or if you ever even knew somebody whose life was snuffed out in a similar fashion by one of those sickos.

I'm going to un-subscribe to this thread now so that you guys can have your fun.

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Originally posted by FatTortoise@Feb 1 2004, 01:19 PM
I was just saying it's sick that somebody would pay $12k for a first gen sable, that's like jacking it up 10x from it's normal market value. It gives me chills just thinking about it. [/sarcasm]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts