Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, my Taurus was giving me a check engine light, running poorly so I figured it was time to take it in. When I was running from about 20-30 mph it seemed to have a slight surging. Also it just didn’t have the get up and go it used to have. It's a '01 with the 24 valve engine and it WAS a pretty quick car but a year out of warrantee. Back to the story, I took it in to my Ford dealer to get it checked out. They told me that it would be $120 just to get the problem diagnosed. (Damn, I'm thinking $120 + parts and labor). Well, they called back and said it would be a free fix due to some kind of warrantee thing. Boy was I happy and really feeling lucky. I guess some dealers out there are not all bad.

Mike

·
Registered
959 Posts
Must be nice... I was in Camrose, Alberta, yesterday, trying to get the SHO odometer reset and into my cluster, and stopped at a UAP/NAPA-sponsored mechanic's shop, and asked him if he had any ideas about resetting it... he told me if I wasn't paying, to, and I quote, 'GET THE F##K OUT OF MY SHOP, YOU FREELOADING PR!CK! I HAVE MONEY TO MAKE!'.

Nice service technique, eh?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope you gave him a few choice words back. Unfortunatly around my neck of the woods those kind are the rule and not the exception. That's why I was supreised with the service I got.

Mike

·
Registered
959 Posts
Actually, I just made sure that I told everyone that I saw for the rest of day what as a$$hole the guy was... he may not have lost any business (yet), but at least people are hearing about his piss-poor attitude.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I honestly can't remember the name, since I've been to Camrose about 6 times, all in the past 2 weeks (for work)... the garage was RIGHT beside the Honda dealership just east of downtown Camrose.

·
Premium Member
8,433 Posts
Originally posted by meschnebly@Oct 22 2004, 09:38 AM
Well, they called back and said it would be a free fix due to some kind of warrantee thing.
Is there any way you could pull your paper work and let us in on what it was?

There maybe something out there I don't know about.

Glad you got it taken care of for free
Thanks

Mike
B)

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
I'm willing to bet it was the DPFE or tube-mounted PFE sensor. There is a recall and extended warranty coverage on those, and when it fails, it will cause those sluggish symptoms, and the SES light. That's why it was free.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep, it says they installed a new PFE sensor and replaced the tube-mounted EGR pressure sensor. Boy does it run better.

Mike

·
Registered
7 Posts
Originally posted by Trikt@Oct 22 2004, 12:43 PM
Must be nice... I was in Camrose, Alberta, yesterday, trying to get the SHO odometer reset and into my cluster, and stopped at a UAP/NAPA-sponsored mechanic's shop, and asked him if he had any ideas about resetting it... he told me if I wasn't paying, to, and I quote, 'GET THE F##K OUT OF MY SHOP, YOU FREELOADING PR!CK! I HAVE MONEY TO MAKE!'.

Nice service technique, eh?
The last time someone treated me that way in a shop, I stood outside the front door and told ppl not to shop there b/c the clerk was a child molester lol...seemed to work

1 - 10 of 10 Posts