Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at my buddys house last night and his older brother came by with all his tuner friends and they all came flying into the driveway in their ricers and we were standing outside having a smoke. His brother came up to my car and was like "damn who's taurus is this? This is the cleanest taurus I've EVER seen I usually hate taurus's but this one is really nice man!" and so of course I bragged a bit and was like "you should see my woodgrain dash and how clean the inside is too! haha

I love my car :wub:

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
:woot: Random Taurus compliments are the best! Especially from folks who usually reject the thought of a "cool Taurus".

·
Registered
107 Posts
Contour SVT owners get the "nice Taurus" compliment all the time, probably more than you guys get it, LOL.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
I was at my buddys house last night and his older brother came by with all his tuner friends and they all came flying into the driveway in their ricers and we were standing outside having a smoke. His brother came up to my car and was like "damn who's taurus is this? This is the cleanest taurus I've EVER seen I usually hate taurus's but this one is really nice man!" and so of course I bragged a bit and was like "you should see my woodgrain dash and how clean the inside is too! haha

I love my car :wub:
Post your car up in the garage, I wanna see it man!

I know all about those random Taurus compliments too, though mine usually come after I give someone a ride in it. haha

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Contour SVT owners get the "nice Taurus" compliment all the time, probably more than you guys get it, LOL.
My one buddy has a sleeper Tempo GLS coupe, he gets "Yo dawg I didn't know they made 2 door tauruses?!" all the time haha

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
You take care of your Taurus David and it shows! when I see a car, especially an older car that is clean and taken care of, I usually say "Nice!" LOL - I just saw an old Ford Granda (2dr) (maybe 1981) the other day and it looked like it just came off the show room floor. They guy that owned it said it was his mother's car, now deceased, and he will never sell it. That car caught more attention in the parking lot than most of the other cars there.

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
I know what your talking about David, thats one reason I take mine to shows and pop the hood. I get people looking all over the car and all have nothing but great things to say. Its also fun to just stand around and have some "car talk" with new people. Keep it clean and dont stop finding things to do to the car.

·
Registered
305 Posts
"That's a Taurus? Didn't know they could look so sporty."
My favorite comment...

It's not your grandma's car anymore...

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys! and yeah I'm trying to keep it as clean as I can.. I MAY have to trade it in soon, I'm going to need a truck pretty soon due to my work and this car is just becoming kind of impractical for the kind of construction work that I'm doing.... I'd love to keep it along with a truck but I just can't afford the insurance on both.

·
Registered
524 Posts
I've gotten a compliment on my exhaust system. Yes, it does feel good.

Also I gave a girl a ride who insisted that my Taurus is gray when it is Spruce Green. :)

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Spruce green is such a neat color. Green sometimes, gray others. Ford should have called it "Sparkle Magic Changeover Spruce Gray" :rofl2:

·
Registered
524 Posts
Spruce green is such a neat color. Green sometimes, gray others. Ford should have called it "Sparkle Magic Changeover Spruce Gray" :rofl2:
That's going in my sig.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
:D!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Contours do get mistaken for a Taurus quite often. One memorable exchange involving a Contour driver (not me) at a tack event....

(from a G35 coupe driver watching me swap my race exhaust back off at a Glen event)

G35 coupe, ”You know, that isn’t going to do *** for you.”

Me, ”I think the weight reduction is worth any loss in power from the short pipe.”
G35 coupe, ”It’s still a Taurus, dude.”
Me, ”It’s a Contour, and it was two seconds faster than you.”
G35 coupe ”Oh.”

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
I usually get comments about how clean my car is. Most of the people I know leave so much trash in their cars. I don't keep trash in my car so it looks super clean in comparison.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts