Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hoping the members of the Forum can help me with a problem that has me stymied. I drive a 1997 Taurus Wagon with the 3.0 Vulcan engine. In wet weather , and only in wet weather, the car stumbles and stalls in traffic until it warms up. The idle speed fluctuates from 1000 RPM to 300. If I keep one foot on the gas and another on the brake, I can keep it running most times. Sometimes , even when warm after highway driving it will exhibit the same problem.

I have changed the spark Plugs/wires/coil/idle air control valve. Each item seem to help the driveability, but the problem persists. I took the car to the local garage where they flooded the engine, but could not duplicate the problem. The mechanic(Charged me $150) did say there was a code 304? --bad camshaft sensor--I have ordered the part. Dealer wanted $215. for the sensor alone. Wouldn't the car not idle right in any weather if the sensor was bad? Anyone have any ideas? This is getting to be an issue with winter coming on. Thanks in advance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts