Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in hosting a meet for the West Coast chapter members, but am not sure where to doit seeing as how I live in an apartment complex. If we could get five or more members together Icould come up with a location and type of event, whether it just be a simple meet and greet/BBQ or a maintenance meeting. Does anyone have any input/ideas?

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It all depends on who all we can get to come and where we can agree on it being. Don't wanna have people travel further than others.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
Post about it on SHOCal give some possible dates and time and people will show up. We have had people bring $5 for food or bring food items.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If anyone is interested please PM me so I can make a list of those who are interested in attending. Still trying to come up with a date, but I am about 90% sure the location will be in Carlsbad. Nothing final yet, but if people have any maintenance concerns I WILL be bringing most of my tools. I feel we should have a general maintenance meeting followed by a BBQ. I will be posting this on SHOCal as soon as I determine the final location and dates.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
I would make it public and not private as it helps to generate interest and keep the post on top. I would recommend you post it on SHOCal now as you get a LOT more interest.

I would not make it a maintenance meet unless you have a garage to work at because if you have it at a park or other public area you will be chased off. Also I would either make it a maintenance meet or a BBQ you tend to not get both at the same time. You end up working all day. That being said if you want to just hang out make it a BBQ.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good points, I'm still quite new at this and am trying to get a feel for everything. Will post on SHOCal soon, just have to clear everything with the wife lol ;).

Oh, and I was going to edit my first post to make a list. Might as well just have them post on here.

Post on here if you wish to attend.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
December/January are terrible times for driving through the Sierra Nevada mountains, but if it's a chance to escape the snow I'll gladly do it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts