Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't do as good as I should have with the mods I have, but I did way better this time compared to last time. I won 3 out of the four races I got to run. Slowest time was [email protected], best time was [email protected] I know some guys can do this with a stock taurus, so I guess I'm a bad driver. Whatever, I had fun.

First race wasn't even close. Srt-4 blew my doors off with a 13.6.

Second race would have been close, but the guy slipped out of gear when he tried to launch. It was a Mazda Speed Protege w/ manual trans, he ran something stupid like an [email protected] Easy win because he couldn't launch.

Third race I was up against an old beat up s-10. It sounded like it had something under the hood, but it was piss slow. I think he ran a [email protected]

Fourth race was the most enjoyable. I was up against a little modded out crx. Very loud fart-can exhaust and guages all over the pillar and dash. He had so much v-tech powah that he decided he needed to do two little burn outs for me(on street tires), and he kept trying to stare me down while he was doin it. Anyway, I jumped way out ahead off the line, and kept pulling for my best run of the night. But, I'll give him props for getting a crx to run a 16.7.

I basically went out to get a "baseline" so I can do a before and after comparison for a couple mods I have planned.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
sounds like you had some pretty good runs there. mucho respectable-o.

Man, that s10 sounds like it was a pile. I had an 86 turbo diesel suburban that ran an 18.5 on 33" tires.

Nice kill on the vtec powah crx. I bet he felt real good after that one.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
that sounds about right for the 60' times. When i ran i was getting 2.4xx 60's, but I have the mad vulcan torque, and most of your torque comes later in the powerband.

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by DeltarMN@Apr 20 2004, 04:13 PM
The duratec has mad torque at the get go. moreso then later on.
Hey, what kind of 60' times were you getting when you went to the track early this month? Better yet, can you post a time slip or two?

J

·
0 Posts
I need to check my timeslips but I wanna say I got a 2.2 something 60' with my vulcan.

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Ok, checked over the timeslips:

60' - 2.478
1/4 - 16.82
ET - 83.2 mph

Dang jason! How u runnin a 2.2 60'!?!?

J

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by DeltarMN@Apr 20 2004, 09:25 PM
60' ... 2.477
330 ... 6.734
1/8 ... 10.153
mph ... 73.36
1000 ... 13.118
1/4 ... 15.612
mph ... 90.56

Thats my timeslip.
My car stock couldn't break 16.2 for the life of it, I even had other people try.
Very nice

When I get home I'll dig out my Lapeer slips from the fall.

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by DeltarMN@Apr 20 2004, 08:25 PM
60' ... 2.477
330 ... 6.734
1/8 ... 10.153
mph ... 73.36
1000 ... 13.118
1/4 ... 15.612
mph ... 90.56

Thats my timeslip.
My car stock couldn't break 16.2 for the life of it, I even had other people try.
What were you running stock? I think car-stats.com says we're suppposed to run 16.7 stock, but I remember a few people posting like low 16 second times. I remember the first time I ran, and I didn't really know what the hell I was doing, I pulled a pathetic [email protected]

Hopefully, if I get all the mods I have planned for this summer, I should be able to run with you.

J

·
0 Posts
Whoops... I was remembering the wrong side of the slip when I remembered a 2.2 something, lol - my best 60' was a 2.378.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts