Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i decided i wanted to take my 2000 duratec to the track and see what it could do...well i took out the spare, subs and put the stock rims back on...i was going to enter my self in the bracket racing also...so i got my three runs in and i was running constant 16.1 flat...but it was very humid... for my first time there i did pretty damn good...i made it all the way to tghe forth round in the bracket racing. my first race was the scariest race out of all of them...i raced the fasted six speed in the nation(a 6 speed camaro running 9.99) he had red lighted but even if he wont have i still would have won...as the nite went on it got cool and i was running faster...the next to races were a lot easier but i was having to brake at the end of the race so i didn't break out...those two races were my fastest...i ran 16.1 after braking to 74 miles /hour...so im just guessing that im running on the right weather conditions and good reaction time anywher from 15.9 to 15.8....any one else go to the track and have a stock gen 4 duratec?

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
you must be joe's brother right?

·
Premium Member
1,125 Posts
I only ran a 15.62X at our local 1/4 mile... with a bad tranny (I think it may have helped though)

good numbers i'm impressed.

G

·
Originally posted by Tman@Sep 8 2004, 04:24 PM
you must be joe's brother right?
Sounds like Joe's old car. The Durabling was good for 16's at Norwalk last year too.

Those are pretty good times for a stock 2000 Tec, but even better than that is how well you did bracket racing! Just proves how much fun it can be.

I would guess that under the right conditions, the car would run a high 15, as you guessed.

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
He ran 16.1 getting on the brakes a couple times, so I'm sure it would have been 15's if he kept his foot in it. We'll probably go to a wednesday T&T relatively soon and see what it'll do with some better weather. It was like 80* & very humid for the trial runs, and in brackets it was cooler but still damn humid.

And yeah he's my bro. He bought the DuraBling off me about 6 months ago. :unsure:

edit: And yeah it ran 16.2's at Norwalk last year, every pass down. That was with the 17's though and it was hot as fawk. His mph was as good as mine was when it was much cooler & I had the 17's on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts