Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Well

1K views 5 replies 1 participant last post by  Bob Gervais 
#1 ·
I was wondering right before my tranny died that it was shaking really bad im thinking it was the torque converter. The day of me leaving for work i put it in drive and it wouldnt move it reved up. I put the car in drive and it went to 2 1/2 then back down the comp is telling it to shift but the torque converter is bad right?? Not sure the guy at the tranny shop wont tell me?

Like the new forums!!!!!

See less See more
Discussion starter · #3 ·
so how much do you think it would cost me if i just had the torque conv replaced instead of the whole thing..

Discussion starter · #5 ·
Oh i didnt know that thanks for the info im just going to get a junk yard one thats good and hook everything up i have a tranny cooler there already so i dont need one but do you think thats wise of me? To get one from the junk yard i found one for $300 off a wrecked taurus with 23,000 miles the cluster says?? Everythinbgs on hold at the shop untill i give them the go so what do you think?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.