1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2,492 Posts
My friend used to drive a Bonneville and had the passenger side mirror ripped off. The campus police were like, yeah and what are we supposed to do, we are too busy handing out stupid parking tickets to do any real police work...

Anywho, that sucks that it happened at all. Most college aged kids have respect for nothing...

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
Yeah, that sucks about the tail light. Check some threads and go get the '04 taillights. They do fit, just the wiring is a little different. For some reason, those are about $40 and the other years are like around $200 from the dealer. You could also just pick up a replacement on Ebay, prices seem to have come down. Guess there's some people getting a new set and selling their old single one.

I suppose you could report it to your insurance, but you may be better off just repairing it yourself. Don't know what your insurance company is like but there are some out there that will cancel you once you make a claim.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Originally posted by HenrySel@Oct 12 2004, 09:53 PM
I suppose you could report it to your insurance, but you may be better off just repairing it yourself. Don't know what your insurance company is like but there are some out there that will cancel you once you make a claim.
Then why even have insurance in the first place? :blink:

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Many insurance companies will drop you after a certain period of time if you make many claims. All insurance companies have the option of dropping you after a certain amount within a certain period, for instance, my father got dropped because he made three claims in one year (all from hitting deer) on his old 97' F-150. He hit five deer with that thing, and my step-brother ended up hitting three in six months when he got it.

JR

·
Premium Member
2,543 Posts
Here in California they cannot drop you for making claims. They can, however, jack your premiums out of sight. Only reason they can cancel a customer's policy is for non-payment of premium.

·
Premium Member
7,308 Posts
Matt, Have both taillights (or one) available off my 01 SEL, great cond. PM me if interested.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
This is why I park away from campus about a block away, and ride the bus to school. The 25 cents definitely pays for the headaches I would have to get otherwise from parking in the school parking lot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts