Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Taurus for three and a half years. Although it has been overall a very reliable and comfortable car I've always wanted a truck and/or SUV. So today I signed the papers on a low mileage '06 Explorer. Trust me , I struggled with the decision but I couldn't pass on this SUV due to the low mileage and excellent shape it is in. I say goodbye to the bull on Saturday. Hope it gives someone years of comfortable driving as it has given me.

Below are some recent photos of the bull while at Mosport. Note - an SUV would have been better suited to that terrain (bottomed out the bull a few times in there :D)

And the replacement.....

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Hope your Explorer treats you as well as the bull did. I'll be posting my goodbyes in the future, as I will be selling, or trade in mine. I'm going to buy a new Mazda3, and live in denial with my hopeless unhappiness, or buy a older 2wd Suburban, and a older (but good shape) 26-31ft travel trailer (to live in). I can never be happy staying in one place for too long, so a larger tt is the right choice for me, and I'm getting tired of living in Texas, except for the job market. Monthly rental in a rv park is usually cheaper than renting a crappy apt, where you're tied down by a lease.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
I remember sifting through AutoCheck reports for you trying to find one that hadn't been a prior accident or something, lol. Congrats on the new Explorer...hopefully the Taurus will end up in good hands.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know about Taurus SEL wagons regarding the actual last model year. My info says that they were produced late into 04 (December 8th). However, I am interested to know if there were any titled 05's or were the last of them still titled 04's with that being the last model year?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts