Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friends and I had a night out on the town since my boyfriend offered to stay in with the little one tonight and let me run rampant. We went to Buffalo Wild Wings and stayed until about... Ohhhh, 1:45 AM (we got there at 10pm by the way). My best friend had managed to down 9 Jack & Cokes and my other friend had 3 Jack & Cokes plus a Long Island Iced Tea.

Since I am only 20 and really paranoid about drinking in a public atmosphere, I stayed with my Coke and became the designated driver. Needless to say, my best friend was drunk and refused to let me take her home. Finally, my other friend and I tricked her into thinking that I was going home (but really I drove around the block, turned off the fog lights and followed her) so she left.

I followed her all the way back to her house, talked with her for a bit and made sure she was safe and then backed up out of her driveway. Now, I had only the parking lights on while in her driveway because her parents sleep upstairs facing the driveway and don't have blinds or curtains, so I try to respect them and not shine headlights into their bedroom.

I forgot to put the headlights back on until I backed out of her driveway - and this is where the fun starts. A State Trooper pulls onto the road JUST as I turn my lights back on. He whips a U-turn and follows me for a good 3-5 minutes before pulling me over.

I can't say anything bad about the guy because he was very nice and allowed me to explain why my headlights were off. He asks for my ID so I hand it to him and he walks back to the car. While he is sitting in the car I see two other police officers come down the road. One SUV pulls infront of me while the Charger State Trooper car pulls beside me. :blink:

I am thinking "Now what did I do?? Three police on me, I must have done something bad." The three police talk for a minute and then the two that had just puilled up left, the trooper came up and handed me a warning - "equip. violation: No headlights". :rolleyes2:

Now, I'm not complaining about getting pulled over, but I just find it funny that I got pulled over instead of my drunk friend. I am absolutely glad that it was me rather than her. :lol2:

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
So your friend drove drunk? :blink:

Last time one of my friends got drunk, I threatened to pop his tires if he would not allow me to give him a ride.

Sure it sounds like they made it back safely. I just can't ever take that risk. I even took him back to his car when he was sober.

Personally, if one drinks with me (I do not drink, and I am underage, but that doesn't stop most college students...), They will not touch car keys, I make sure they know this :)

Glad they made it home safely though, but it is ironic you get pulled over for that, I would imagine explaining the situation would work... I tend to put my parking lights on when I am pulling out in residential areas or doing 3 point turns on a quiet street at night.

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
good lookin out ash. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
I was talking to one of the local Barney Fife's last nite... he and I talk cars quite often. I'm glad he's a friend, because I'd hate to be his enemy. So he's telling me about a couple tickets he handed out this week.

One to a guy in an SUV because the "operator was not in plain view"... meaning the driver could not be seen from the sides or rear of the vehicle. Apparently the SUV was loaded with Christmas gifts blocking the view.

Second one was to another guy in an SUV. He was pulled over for something along the lines of "improper front lighting". Law only allows 4 white lights on the front of the vehicle (hi/lo, fogs) and no red lights. He gave the guy a ticket for having a lighted wreath attached to the grille of the truck because it was covered with red and white lights, and no way to switch them off from inside the vehicle.

I laughed my ass off, but at the same time I was thinking.... what a f#$%in' jerk cop. Then I asked him what shop I could go to here in town that would give me a state inspection sticker and not bother to actually inspect my cat-less SHO. (the cop drives a wicked fast SVO Mustang). It's all about who you know :D

·
Premium Member
623 Posts
...I just find it funny that I got pulled over instead of my drunk friend. I am absolutely glad that it was me rather than her. :lol2:
[/b]
How quickly we seem to forget the perils of drunk driving, no matter where or how far or how drunk or not drunk the driver was. Remember ArkanSHO's ordeal? :( Personally, I find it appalling that you're glad your friend got away with driving drunk. Did you explain to the trooper that you were following your drunk friend home? :huh:

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
...I just find it funny that I got pulled over instead of my drunk friend. I am absolutely glad that it was me rather than her. :lol2:
[/b]
How quickly we seem to forget the perils of drunk driving, no matter where or how far or how drunk or not drunk the driver was. Remember ArkanSHO's ordeal? :( Personally, I find it appalling that you're glad your friend got away with driving drunk. Did you explain to the trooper that you were following your drunk friend home? :huh:
[/b][/quote]

Never quite understood the whole following the drunk friend home bit. It's like wiping before you poop.

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
[/b][/quote]

I am not condoning her behavior nor was I happy that she did what she did. I did not forget the heartache many drunk drivers have bestowed upon families either. However I am just saying that I do find it funny that I get pulled over instead of her. Maybe I shouldn't have said that I was glad it was me rather than her.

Edit: Yes I did explain to him that I was following my drunk friend home.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
[/b][/quote]

Never quite understood the whole following the drunk friend home bit. It's like wiping before you poop.
[/b][/quote]

Well, she locked herself in her car and refused to let me take her home. It was either follow her or just let her find her own way home and "hope" she made it without blunder.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Well, Ashley did what she thought was right. I don't understand why Bars even exist anyway. You have to get there somehow, so unless you take the bus there, its kind of an outdated practice to go to a bar. How in the hell do you get home after you finish your spirits? Maybe those who drink at Bars can fill me in what the standard practice is.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Well, Ashley did what she thought was right. I don't understand why Bars even exist anyway. You have to get there somehow, so unless you take the bus there, its kind of an outdated practice to go to a bar. How in the hell do you get home after you finish your spirits? Maybe those who drink at Bars can fill me in what the standard practice is.
[/b]
Pass out in the parking lot? lol, I really don't know. I'm only 19.

·
Don't Be Stupid
7,048 Posts
Well, Ashley did what she thought was right. I don't understand why Bars even exist anyway. You have to get there somehow, so unless you take the bus there, its kind of an outdated practice to go to a bar. How in the hell do you get home after you finish your spirits? Maybe those who drink at Bars can fill me in what the standard practice is. [/b]
Take someone with you, and make sure they're underage if the bar will admit them. It'll make sure they can't drink.
I know at the local house of clevage :ph34r: they supply free soft drinks all night.

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
<div class='quotemain'> Well, Ashley did what she thought was right. I don't understand why Bars even exist anyway. You have to get there somehow, so unless you take the bus there, its kind of an outdated practice to go to a bar. How in the hell do you get home after you finish your spirits? Maybe those who drink at Bars can fill me in what the standard practice is. [/b]
Take someone with you, and make sure they're underage if the bar will admit them. It'll make sure they can't drink.
I know at the local house of clevage :ph34r: they supply free soft drinks all night.
[/b][/quote]

strip clubs will, bars wont.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
When my wife and I got to the bar, she's pretty much free to drink whatever she wants. I'll have a few drinks, but I'll stop drinking at least an hour before we're planning on leaving, at which time, I'm not incapacitated in the least.

On the few occasions when I have been too drunk to drive home, I'll call a cab. I'd rather spend 10 bucks to get home, and have to get my car in the morning.

JR

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
When my wife and I got to the bar, she's pretty much free to drink whatever she wants. I'll have a few drinks, but I'll stop drinking at least an hour before we're planning on leaving, at which time, I'm not incapacitated in the least.

On the few occasions when I have been too drunk to drive home, I'll call a cab. I'd rather spend 10 bucks to get home, and have to get my car in the morning.

JR
[/b]

Yep. Call a cab. Have a designated driver. Don't drink yourself silly. When I lived in Warwick, the bar I went to was literally a ten minute walk from my house. So if I was too sloshed to drive, like after the 04 World Series, I would just .... walk.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Cab rides? Good for you guys! That makes for an expensive night out though. You can drink a lot more at home a lot cheaper.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
I agree. I usually prefer to drink at home or at a friend's house, but we go out probably once a week, usually for dinner.

Our normal routine is $2 pint night at Charlie Brown's (pretty decent local chain steakhouse) on Thursdays. That's really the only time we drink at a bar, though if we're going to dinner on a Friday, we'll usually stop to have a pint at one of the local bars, or PJ Whelihan's. Once in awhile, we'll go out drinking in Philly, but that's usually to celebrate something. The last time we did, we went to a bar called McGillan's, which is the oldest pub in Philly. For four of us, drinking on a Friday night, celebrating the other couple's engagement, it was over $200, and we didn't even eat. That was a tough pill to swallow, let me tell you. On top of that, we had to pay for a cab ride from the train station to the house (there's an awesome light rail line that runs from South Jersey to Philly).

JR

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
Similar to modding a car ... gotta pay to play.

I am also lucky enough that from the day I got my license I was told by my parents ... if you are ever at a party or bar or wherever and drink too much, call us no questions asked.

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
:banana: i love rum and cokes.

Well back to topic. Fortuantly when we go out drinking my friends and everyone we always have
a DD. I also have friends that if they are drunk they do not hesitate to call me for a ride. I don;t
mind, once was NH i was a little annoyed but i figured what the hell. beats getting him
out of jail. :D

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
[/b]
I'll usually take the train home, or hail a taxi if I really get lit.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts