Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally was able to get the car home this past weekend. So far I've done all the maint. as discussed in the Intro section. The Dealership was amazed by the shape and condition of the car for sitting for that long. The only thing non-maint. is the coolant tank sensor failed and bought a new one and had it done free of charge when the coolant system was flushed. I worked for about 8hrs detailing inside & out using all my Meguairs arsenal. So on w/the pics.. :noes:

After:

[attachment=29572:DSC00291.JPG]

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
<strike>Forget something :p</strike>

Very nice looking.
She Shines up Nice. Since you have the chrome interior handles, you should get the chrome lock pulls.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mach dirty shot:

[attachment=29577:DSC00280_1.jpg]

More detailed after misc:

[attachment=29578:DSC00297.JPG]

[attachment=29579:DSC00292.JPG]

Once I know that there aren't any hidden issues,hopefully after a month or two.
Plans:
Upgrade bulbs to Ultra Silverstars
Tint
Before winter get some seat heaters... :merc:

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
QUOTE (thesavo @ May 19 2009, 06:26 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=726268

Very nice looking.
She Shines up Nice. Since you have the chrome interior handles, you should get the chrome lock pulls.[/b]

Sounds like a plan..Suggestions on where to find?

Took the car by Autozone this morning,being that manager there was really helpful and he couldn't believe that this was the car that I had spoke of w/him. He said hell I'd give you 4 grand for it rightnow..I said no thanks keepin' it for while..

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
QUOTE (silverexpress @ May 19 2009, 09:44 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=726304

Very nice looking.
She Shines up Nice. Since you have the chrome interior handles, you should get the chrome lock pulls.[/b]

Took the car by Autozone this morning,being that manager there was really helpful and he couldn't believe that this was the car that I had spoke of w/him. He said hell I'd give you 4 grand for it rightnow..I said no thanks keepin' it for while..
[/b][/quote]
I got my chrome lock pulls from another member on the boards. But you can post that you want them in the wanted to buy section.
Watch out for eBay. there is a dood trying to get a $7 + S&H for ONE vintage '77 lock pull.

4 Grand seems good. What;s the mileage. If it were me, I'd pull out my blackberry and check Kelly Blue book on the spot.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
QUOTE (thesavo @ May 19 2009, 09:59 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=726306
QUOTE (silverexpress @ May 19 2009, 09:44 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=726304

Very nice looking.

[/b][/quote]
I got my chrome lock pulls from another member on the boards. But you can post that you want them in the wanted to buy section.
Watch out for eBay. there is a dood trying to get a $7 + S&H for ONE vintage '77 lock pull.

4 Grand seems good. What;s the mileage. If it were me, I'd pull out my blackberry and check Kelly Blue book on the spot.
[/b][/quote]

As of this morning 19,009 and back in 12-10-05 the dealership & original owner told me that a long block was installed after there was an engine failure covered under the extended warranty when it had 11,255 miles on it. So basically the car has almost 20K on the tranny and other components but only a hair under 8K on the engine..So hence why I couldn't pass up buying the car for $2400 and even though there were some chips & small scratches when I finally got all that dust washed off. I just can't really complain about it. Bought factory touchup paint & just detailed the dickins out of it and the results show for it thats for sure.. :wub:

·
Premium Member
2,576 Posts
I understand now. Keep that thing around.

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Is that the same car? Looks good.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts