Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been experincing some weird vibrations from what seems to be from the right side of my 98 Taurus.

Seems to show up above 45 mph and under a load or going up hill.

I have put new front brakes on, rotors,pads and calipers. Also new tires and then a tire rotation.

Anyhow went a local shop to get it looked at, the tires and rims checked out fine, they stated that I need ball joints and new CV shafts?

My Taurus only has 115K miles on it,and was orginaly driven by wife's grandma. Just don't get it, my old 89 Sable and my old 95 Sable both had almost 190K on them with no problems with any of the CV shafts showing any wear.

If they have to be replaced, do any of you have a experince at doing these, and how? any advice? direction? simplicity?

Diffculty level

Again awesome site and thanks ahead of time

Later

Chris n Cindy

·
Registered
834 Posts
At the top of this page and every page...directly under the logo and TCCA banner is a link called "Topic Finder"...all your "how-to" stuff is there..scroll thru that info...you'll find what you need.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:D

Phonicsmonkey

Thanks for that advice, I did look thru those topics today and found some info on replacing the front struts,just add my shafts into the equation and seems to be doable.

But still concerned why I dont feel vibrations on the drivers side and was told both sides needed replaced. (both CV shafts and both ball joints).

Do you think there would be a problem if I just did the passenger side?

We owe nothing on the car and planning a spring break trip to FL, so some money is set aside for the repairs. Just can justify (in my mind) both sides.

thanks again for the TOPICS insight.

Later
Chris n Cindy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts