Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I have a Ford Taurus 03.
Last week when I was checking my tires (Continental Touring Contact AS made in May 2004) I noticed bumps going across the grooves every 7 inches.
I hope you can see it good enough in the pic.
I bought the Taurus in 6/07 with these tires. I have never seen something like that and I always thought that the grooves have to be free of any obstruction.
So maybe these tires are counterfeit from China?!
Any suggestions?[attachmentid=28580]

Thank you

Kresi

Attachments

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Hi!
I have a Ford Taurus 03.
Last week when I was checking my tires (Continental Touring Contact AS made in May 2004) I noticed bumps going across the grooves every 7 inches.
I hope you can see it good enough in the pic.
I bought the Taurus in 6/07 with these tires. I have never seen something like that and I always thought that the grooves have to be free of any obstruction.
So maybe these tires are counterfeit from China?!
Any suggestions?[attachmentid=28580]

Thank you

Kresi
[/b]
they are wear indicators and then your tires tread get low enough they are visible

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
When the tread gets down to the strips they are worn out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys!

i am sorry for this stupid question, but i have never noticed these wear bars before. my tires still have maybe 4/32" tread. and i have also some new goodyears, but i haven't noticed those indicators at the bottom of the grooves. have to take a closer look.

thanks

kresi

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
thanks guys!

i am sorry for this stupid question, but i have never noticed these wear bars before. my tires still have maybe 4/32" tread. and i have also some new goodyears, but i haven't noticed those indicators at the bottom of the grooves. have to take a closer look.

thanks

kresi
[/b]
Putting the Goodyears on will make a world of difference, the Continentals I had were awful in every respect.

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
thanks guys!

thanks

kresi
[/b]

I think 3/32" is the legal limit on tread depth and is what the depth of the bars are.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts