1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
94 taurus gl 4 door sedan V6 3.8 L

ok i got first off a k&n filter on top

bottom ive got a straight pipe all the way to my performance muffler stainless

on the firt day my car was running like a bomb :notworthy: but the next morning it justs started to get weird on me my friend told me to reset the computer that what i did and then he told me that the transmission have to relearn to shift so i did but no improvement and the gaz mpg was bad

so i decided to read cuz my other taurus was and 3.0 v6 and i did not have like 5 sensor on it

but for some obscur reason i decide to unplug the M A F sensor Mass AIR FLOW

sitting on top of the air duct and since then my car is running better but still before i could easily make the tire cry now not really but still a bit better than last time

the 2 os sensor are changed up and the vss on the tranny is too

so with the maf sensor unplug i get a more normal use of my car but still it doesnt move like it use to after all the modifcation on it the same night i could by just tapping the gaz get a cry for the tire and already at 50 KM not the tire dont cry and the car is maybe at 30 KM with the unpug sensor and before i unplug this sensor the car was at 25 KM

there is 2 sensor that monitor the air coming in the mass air flow sensor and the air temps sensor

need help :(

·
Registered
712 Posts
Sunds like your MAF is screwed.

The oil from your K&N maybe?

Clean it with contact cleaner and maybe ditch the K&N.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have some electronic cleaner will this do or if this is a contact cleaner can you be more specific ( the description of the product i have it say to remove oil and other film residue on electronic component is this good ?

and just like 15 min ago when i was going to get my wife it started to accelerate normally and then a burst in acceleration and back to normal

something is fucking my air fuel ratio?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts