Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I was driving the other nite, and this z71 pickup looks over at me and starts laughing because I have green lights on my car, and he honks his horn and rev's his engine. Me I thought it was funny cause mt bulls can spank him any day. So the light turns green and we are off by the 1,2 shift I'm already half a length in front of him. But here is where it gets weird. I got solid power from 4200 to around 5600 then it kinda dies off then when it hits 6 I get a burst of power outta my 3L duratec...

I ride a 97 LX..

Anybody know y my car did this, it kinda freaked me out....I mean I was happy that I shut the guy up, but it really freaked me that my engine did this...

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
my car does the same thing.
must just be early duratecs

BTW speedy where are you from.
cuz i have seen a bull runnin around here with green neons

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
Mine gets those moods too, and I love it, it makes the car feel allive and gives it a real personality...I just always thought it was mine. Occasionally my engine wont shift until 7,000 rpms...ever get that? It sounds soooooo sweet, and the shift feels like nothing. It did it when I was racing a 3000gt off our traffic circle, i didnt even have a chance to wave at the guy, and he was trying...

Anywho glad to see I'm not the only one...I always feared with 130k...and knowing that I will be at 200k within the next 2 years that the next engine or duratec powered vehical I get wouldnt have that "charm"

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
awsome I just wanted to see if it was normal....by the way Sable I live in Lubbock, TX...Dont have green neons yet but I will in the next couple of months or so....right now all I have is turn signals and runner lights that are green....

·
Registered
230 Posts
i had a similar experience with my vulcan, scared the hell out of me though. the shift didn't come in till 45 mph, and when it did, it barked the shift. just wondering what could have caused this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts