Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been using a small "pancake" style air compressor that has to refill after taking off 2 or 3 lugnuts. I believe it is a 6 gallon. Can anyone reccommend a size and/or brand of compressor I should look at getting that can handle bigger projects (front-end stuff/axle nut removal).

·
Registered
619 Posts
Check Harbor Freight (if you have one nearby) or Tractor Supply. Both have a variety of sizes and decent prices.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have a 20 gal Craftsman Professional that I like very much, though I am not a heavy user. But I would recommend it (oil lubricated, 20 gal, horizontal, 110V).

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
Actually harbor freight sells a decent compressor, for what it is. We got ours from Northern Tool. 60 gallon 5 horse Ingersoll-Rand

You can see the one we had before, the Cambell-26 gallon-oil less----Lowes JUNK!!!! Do NOT get an oil less for a "good" compressor. What we did was plumb the I-R into the C-H and we have basically an 80 gallon compressor. If you do decide to go large capacity, depending on room, I suggest a verticle unit.
Our I-R uses about a 3 x 3 foot area in the corner of the garage and the C-H uses about 2 x 2 in the opposite corner.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I have a 2HP Craftsman from the mid 1970's. 220V 6.3 [email protected] PSI. It's still going strong! It's needed a switch, gasket, filter, and check valve through the years. Does everything I need it to do. I keep it in the basement, and piped to a wall outlet in the garage so I have air in both places.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts