Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for the weather strip that goes on the driver side aound the A, center piller... (not the one on the door itselft)

mine is 96 Taurus GL
thx

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
If you're looking for the rubber thing that goes along the door jam, I might be able to help you out. I have a driver's side weather stripping for the door jam that I was going to use on my car, but it's for the beige interior and I have the grey.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I amnot sure what a door jam means..
the weather strip i am looking for is like...

ok totally forget the driver side door. the you have the door opening right...
there is a black weather strip.. that goes around the a piller.. all around the center piller etc...

what color are u taking about. That weather stip is a black rubber thing.. is it colored according to the int. color

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
You're talking about the weather stripping on the body, right? Not the door? But where the door pushes up against when it's closed, right? Is that what you're talking about?

Most of it is black, but when I pulled it from another car I found out that some of it is painted to match the interior. It's times like this when I really wish I had a digital camera...

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup! I am talking of the strip on the body where the door butts against when closed and kinda squeezes this rubber weather strip.

my int. color is light grey.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Sundarpn - Are you talking about the strip that you can see in this picture? If so, then I've never seen them colored either. . .

Maybe you could use this as a picture to refer to.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Hey, I was at the junkyard today and I pulled a black/black weather stripping piece in case you wanted it. I'll take a buck plus whatever it costs to ship, if you're interested.

But, seriously, some are half black and half painted to match the interior. Are you positive you need a black/black and not a black/grey?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yes that the weather strip.

hmm half black. i.e is the rubber that hits the door is black and the the other half is interior color.
I think mine is like that...I will check tomorrow in the day & let you know.

So you have both the strips blac & black, black & grey.

and i would assume they are both is good shape.... the one I have has some tears and i guess that is giving some wind noise...

saerandy, thx for the picture. Also I would assume that this strip is the same on all gen 3's. Mine is a 96 GL. the first gen 3...

B

·
0 Posts
I have a 96 with a gray interior. The weather strips are still on it, but I didn't notice if it's gray colored or all black. I know sundar is looking for the driver's door, but which one do you need mikehawk?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts