Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<_< I currently own a 96 Ford Taurus (96) Vulcan. Has anyone ever experienced the windshield washer fluid becoming very weak in it's spray? Tank is full, it just appears to be pumping very low volumn..

Any thoughts???

·
Registered
109 Posts
The easiest thing I'd start with first is stick a pin or a wire into the little holes where the fluid comes out. The fluid can coagulate and plug them up. Clean them out, blow in some compressed air or whatever but more often than not, that'll do it.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I just had the same problem with my 2000. The problem turned out to be the hose from the pump to the hood got pinched between the hood and the body when I shut it, the hose was plastic so it cracked and I had to replace the hose. :huh:

·
Registered
318 Posts
Every summer, I dump out whatever is in the washer tank, and fill it with clean water. Then, I run the water through the washer system while I wait. (I disconnected the wipers at first; later on, I rigged a system to run the pump without the wipers working.)
This rinses out all the dried-up and coagulated washer fluid from the system. The nozzles usually gather a lot of cruddy blue-green stuff around them. Like John said, using a pin helps to clean them out, too.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Yep. Stick a pin in the jets on the hood. ALso, I had a honda that would get a line pinched in the hood. Check for clogged/loose lines. Life your hood and have someone hit the spray and see if it is spraying anywhere under the hood.

When it happens to me, I just replace the lines and the nozzles. Nozzles are usually less than $5 and the lines are like 29 cents a foot or something.

Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gentleman,

I found the problem...Where the hose goes up to the hood, it was majorly rotted. It was very hard and brittle and had a crack approx. 1 1/2" long. I bought 2-couplers and about a foot of new line from the auto store and cut out the bad spot and replaced it with the new parts...Good to go!

Thanks for all the feed back!!

:banana:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.