Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Taurus and recently the washer fluid has been coming out of the nozzles at a very slow rate. I am thinking it is either the washer fluid pump or an enlarged prostate. I stuck my hand up the tailpipe as far as I could and didn't feel anything abnormal so I'm thinking it must be the pump.

In all seriousness, when the pump starts going out does it completely quit or would I still be getting some flow like I am now getting?

·
Super Moderator
8,667 Posts
^^^^^^ +1

Common for the hose from pump/reservoir to the nozzles to develop a leak or a split.

·
Registered
619 Posts
On the 89, and probably all newer ones, the pump is pressed into a hole in the bottom of the tank, held by a spring type ring.

·
Registered
23,479 Posts
Seriously, prob. a split hose. You may have to remove underhood push pins and blanket pad to access it. You can splice in a pc. of 7/32 in. vac. hose or buy the whole assy. at the dealership for $15-$20 iirc.

·
Registered
23,479 Posts
The break usually occurs @ corners of hood where the hose bends are constantly flexing with the opening and closing of the hood. Age and temp. are major factors also. If indeed it is a hose split and not the pump or clog, and you opt not to do the hose splice, the ford part# for the assy. is #3F1Z-17A6-05AA.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions. It turned out to be a leaking supply line right where it flexes when the hood is opened. Directly above the RF strut tower. I went with the vacuum line fix and it works perfectly.

I have included pictures because I have used this site multiple time without really contributing much. Mostly because I don't know much. If someone could explain how to load the pictures as full size in the body of the text I could write captions and turn this into a how-to thread. It probably wouldn't be neccesary but I'd do it anyway.

Attachments

·
Registered
23,479 Posts
Tip: When doing vac. hose splice, a lil spit or silicone spray lube on the 2 original rigid ends allows vac.(silicone) hose to slide on much easier. Glad you got it fixed!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts