Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
If you are jammed up for transportation you can bypass the core by disconnecting the hoses from it at the firewall and connecting them to each other with a 5/8 barbed connector.
Thanks! I have a couple of options available but this is good to know!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Taurus - 1.
Owner - White Flag.
I was able to get ONE heater core hose clamp loose, but couldn't get the hose off. The hose clamp on the other hose was just in that PERFECT spot and angle where I couldn't get to it from the driver' side, from underneath OR from the passenger side.. Tried moving a couple hoses and connections out of the way...no go.. I'm taking the car to a friend's shop and he'll take care of it.
This is NOT an easy car to work on..lol..
At least I got the thermostat, PCV, TPS and IACV replaced, so the weekend wasn't a TOTAL waste..

·
Registered
22,738 Posts
Fwiw, after removing the clamp, usually best to carefully slit the hose vertically with a utility knife and peel it off. Remote cable clamp pliers work best for this application.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
UPDATE: According to my friend, the core was not clogged, but one of the blend doors was not working properly.
Since I had already purchased a new core, I had him replace it just the same while he was in there.
Car's fixed and now I have good heat. So this issue can be can be removed from my punch list.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts