Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

Don't want to start a war here, just need a few to weigh in on the above. When younger, I used to go the whole cleaner/polish/wax route, but now just need a good one-step product to keep a nearly-new finish looking great. (My 2015 Limited is a rebuilt, so it spent most of its time from October 2015 until December, 2016 in a salvage garage. I've driven it ever since then.)

Thanks in advance for the help!

·
N.E. Chapter Moderator
2,684 Posts
I enjoy working with Collinite #845. It is made locally to me in Central NY, though I have found it around the country. You can find it on Amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/Collinite-Liquid-Insulator-Wax-845/dp/B000JK2D06

It is easy to use, a little goes a long way, and it lasts a very long time. This is an old formula that has been around for a while, but since it is caranuba, it cannot be used on flat textured plastic. If you do go with this wax, shake it very well before use. It hardens as it sits in the bottle.

Attached are some of my recent finished details using this wax. This is all I use.

Attachments

·
Administrator
14,917 Posts
My truck and most of our cars get Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze, not just because of the great finish but for how long it lasts. The SHO's and the motorcycles get the Klasse over topped with Pinnacle Souverän carnauba wax. Carnauba still gives the best warm rich look of anything out there but it just doesn't last like the sealants do, combining them gets the rich look with lasting protection. Our house is on the ocean in New England and wax alone just doesn't hold up for more than 2 months at the max. The Klasse lasts at least 8-10 months. Yes it costs a little more but the time saved doing it less often is more than worth it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts