Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks guys for a great site. My ride is a Contour so I read Contour.org alot. My wifes car is an '02 Taurus wagon and we have been having water leaking onto the front passenger footwell when it rains. I found a couple of good posts about this problem in searching and I am hoping that these will help. Thanks again for a great site!

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Have you tried searching for posts older than 25 days? The search puts it on 25 days and newer by default.

Welcome to the club.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by taurus2000@Jun 10 2004, 01:58 PM
Where'd you find the info.  maybe I'm searchin wrong or something, but i can find anything.  I have the same exact problem
Try poking around in the archives, it was pretty late last night so I'm not sure where I found it.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I've looked through all of the maintenance pages not archived and half of the archived ones. I'll do the other half sometime this weekend. It's not supposed to rain so I should be ok.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Originally posted by taurus2000@Jun 11 2004, 10:53 AM
I've looked through all of the maintenance pages not archived and half of the archived ones. I'll do the other half sometime this weekend. It's not supposed to rain so I should be ok.

Thanks
Check with your local dealer. There was a recall for this problem in 2000 + tauruses.

-DC

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Originally posted by duratecchie+Jun 11 2004, 09:13 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (duratecchie @ Jun 11 2004, 09:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-taurus2000@Jun 11 2004, 10:53 AM
I've looked through all of the maintenance pages not archived and half of the archived ones.  I'll do the other half sometime this weekend. It's not supposed to rain so I should be ok.

Thanks
Check with your local dealer. There was a recall for this problem in 2000 + tauruses.

-DC [/b][/quote]
There isn't a recall on the leaky cowls yet. There was a TSB which is only instructions on how to fix the problem. Sometimes the engineers will actually devise a parts kit to fix certain TSB's. If you don't bring the car to a dealer you will never get letter from Ford telling you of the problem like a recall would. I think I might have a copy of the TSB on my other computer since my '01 had the problem. I'll post it if I do.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Kermitec, If you do have the complete TSB, please post it or PM me. The copy I printed starts at step 5. Our Taurus is within the 3 year but out of the 36k mile window. We have a good dealer as far as service, but I understand what they have to do to get paid, from Ford, for warranty work, so I will likely have to get the regional rep involved early on to get this TSB done for free. I don't see this as a mileage, something wearing out issue, just a design correction, so the more documentation I have for my side, the better.

Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts