Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to start by thanking everyone for their advice in my previous post about the ongoing water leak in my 2003 Taurus. I think we've finally got this fixed.

I took the Taurus back to my local garage and had them put it on a hoist where I could apply a 2nd coat of silicone around that A/C drain on the firewall. It's been nearly 3 weeks and it's dry as a bone! :D

I've washed the car numerous times. Drove through driving rain. Gone through puddles and even a car wash. Not a single drop of water has entered the car. Just to make sure everything was sealed.... I had them do a smoke test by filling the car up with smoke and checking to see if any escaped. None!.

Although the cabin filter is a popular place for these cars to leak.... it now appears that the rubber gasket around the A/C drain is also a spot to now check. The bodyshop guys at Ford couldn't believe it when they asked me whether or not I had fixed it. I had spent money there before trying to locate the leak without any success.

Thanks again to everyone for your help!

·
Super Moderator
8,586 Posts
Good job!

The combined knowledge on this forum far exceeds that of most Ford dealers. Kind of sad that us backyard mechanics know these cars better that the "factory trained" people at the dealers.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good job!

The combined knowledge on this forum far exceeds that of most Ford dealers. Kind of sad that us backyard mechanics know these cars better that the "factory trained" people at the dealers.

I totally agree. It's great that these types of websites exist. Lots of knowledgeable people on here. I'm sure glad I sealed around that A/C drain because the next step would be to hire a guy called the Rain Doctor who charges something like $200 to find the leak.

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts
And to think some Ford dealers want to pull out your entire dash assembly to fix the problem!! :rolleyes2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts