Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

I was taking a ride to go out to my special girls house. When BOOM! A SHO with Dual Flowmaster mufflers at the rear. It was a GEN 2. I wanted to see if he would like to play around a little. So I followed it. Making a right from one main street to another. I get up to him, I look at him, he looks back. I then rev the Sable. Wow, my sable was sounding GREAT! He was impressed. Well we never speak, just "knew" what the others intensions were. Well, the light turns green, and Im taking off in a orderly fashion then I go into WOT "WUAAAAAAAHHHH!!" My Sable takes off, and the damn SHO is still driving like a granny!! Hey WHAT GIVES!? YOU SHO GUYS THINK THAT YOU ARE TOO GOOD FOR US?? I was pissed.... turned around, and take off to my girls. :angry:

Then a few nights ago, I was going down a more secluded street to head to the Autozone that closes at midnight. Thought i would stop by and see what they had for sale. Well on my way down there, I see a VW Golf GTi. Well, he was revving his motor at me, and I rev back (but still in drive). Right as we are approaching an intersection, the light turns yellow. In order to avoid the Red, we both slamm on it. "The Race is on!!" 30-40-50-70-80MPH! Im jamming and the Sable is ahead... then we reach a slope downward, and the next light was red, right before I let off the gas, he passes me slowly. I was taken. I give em the thumbs up, and he waves back "Good Race!" I then turn into the Autozone parking lot, and smile...

Any good runs from other Forum members??

Sal

·
Registered
324 Posts
I whipped my friends punk ass 1.8 sentra. But on hills he always pulls ahead. Little ass car.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I';d rather not mention it, but i got taught by a new intrepid today. It wasn't full on race but in a situation where i believed i could hang with this car, i couldn't. How do they say, Mad Vulcan Powah

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I have taken out my friends Sentra SE-R. I wanna try the SPEC V. But who knows.... I also have a friend with a 1995 Chevy Monte Carlo. 3.4L DOHC. I wanna take that one on. 210HP in that motor. I think it would be a good race.

Sal

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by spy2520@Aug 13 2004, 11:49 PM
I';d rather not mention it, but i got taught by a new intrepid today. It wasn't full on race but in a situation where i believed i could hang with this car, i couldn't. How do they say, Mad Vulcan Powah
LOL What kinda of Intrepid? 3.5s will OWN you...lol. I have a better running chance. That would also be a good race.

Sal

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by SableSal@Aug 14 2004, 12:55 AM
Yeah I have taken out my friends Sentra SE-R. I wanna try the SPEC V. But who knows.... I also have a friend with a 1995 Chevy Monte Carlo. 3.4L DOHC. I wanna take that one on. 210HP in that motor. I think it would be a good race.

Sal
210 HP in the 3.4 95 Monte Carlo??... more like 175... IIRC :)

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
I have the specs of the vehicle. I checked out the VIN and Engine Codes. 210HP in a 3.4L DOHC Z34 Monte Carlo. So Im right, you wrong...lol God I love doing this. LOL

Sal

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by SableSal@Aug 14 2004, 01:08 AM
I have the specs of the vehicle. I checked out the VIN and Engine Codes. 210HP in a 3.4L DOHC Z34 Monte Carlo. So Im right, you wrong...lol God I love doing this. LOL

Sal
ooohhh, Z34, my bad... if you said Z34 I wouldn't have questioned it. ;) I should have realized that's what it was when you said DOHC :)

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Originally posted by SableSal+Aug 13 2004, 11:56 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SableSal @ Aug 13 2004, 11:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-spy2520@Aug 13 2004, 11:49 PM
LOL What kinda of Intrepid? 3.5s will OWN you...lol. I have a better running chance. That would also be a good race.

Sal [/b][/quote]
:D Mmmmmm 3.5L Intrepids.... :knuddel: :liplick: :love: :love_3: :notworthy:

I love the power!! :banana:

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Originally posted by SableSal@Aug 14 2004, 12:55 AM

Sal
I had a kid that wanted to run against me in a Spec V one night. So we ran from 80 or so on the LIE...
When I hit 130, I let off the gas so he could catch up. :p

G

·
Discussion Starter #13
Did the SHO know you were racing? I've never had a problem schooling Duratecs, even gave a couple V8's a run for their money.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
On my trip to ATL, I set the cruise on 80 mph and was pretty much passing everyone. Well as I turn on to I85 ALA, this 2000 or so Maxima GXE starts keeping up with me and is starting to overtake me so I accelerate. Pretty soon we're both running well over 100 mph (my damn spedometer gets crazy past about 90 MPH, it starts waving back and forth- I think the needle is missing a counter weight) and he could barely get by me, by say a bumper and 1/2 a door but that was it. In a 0-60 run, he most likely would have killed me but I was suprised at how the Taurus held its own. Then this jackass in a early 1990s BMW gets over (hogging both lanes) and slows down to like 50 mph and then takes off, the slows down, then starts to exit, then swerves back. Now my objective is to out run the idiot in the BMW before he wrecks one or both of us. Well the Max and I run for several miles at this speed until a few cars start showing up (traffic was clear save for the BMW this whole time, around 3:30 AM) so we tone it down a bit. The Max exits and so I resume 80 mph. The BMW slowly catches up to me and sits there on my rear 1/4 pannel in the other lane, perfectly matching my speed with his high beams on in my rearview mirror. I slam on my brakes and let him go flying past and then he starts weaving through traffic like crazy. I half expected to see him upside down in the median a few miles later but he exited very abrubtly, cutting off an Astro van that honked and hit its high beams, lol.

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
Yesterday in a Gen II SHO an older guy said, "yea it'll get up and go" so at the light we gunned it and there was no "schooling" of any type, he couldn't pull on me and I couldn't pull on him that was up to about 80. Yet I'm sure his is stock, but at the same time I don't have much engine work done to mine. It was a 3.2L automatic, as I asked him at the previous light.

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Originally posted by Firespirit+Aug 14 2004, 12:50 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Firespirit @ Aug 14 2004, 12:50 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 13 2004, 11:56 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-spy2520
@Aug 13 2004, 11:49 PM

Sal
:D Mmmmmm 3.5L Intrepids.... :knuddel: :liplick: :love: :love_3: :notworthy:

I love the power!! :banana: [/b][/quote]
I schooled my friend's first gen trep. :p

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Originally posted by SableSal@Aug 13 2004, 11:55 PM
Yeah I have taken out my friends Sentra SE-R. I wanna try the SPEC V. But who knows....

Sal
I thought those were the same car? Everytime I see one they have both spec-v and se-r stickers on them. Maybe there's just an influx of rice in my area...

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Originally posted by mikehawk+Aug 14 2004, 01:46 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mikehawk @ Aug 14 2004, 01:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Firespirit@Aug 14 2004, 12:50 AM
:D  Mmmmmm 3.5L Intrepids....  :knuddel:  :liplick:  :love:  :love_3:  :notworthy:

I love the power!!  :banana:
I schooled my friend's first gen trep. :p [/b][/quote]
Mmmm but still.. They're so sexy :D

·
Registered
324 Posts
Originally posted by mikehawk+Aug 14 2004, 01:52 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mikehawk @ Aug 14 2004, 01:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SableSal@Aug 13 2004, 11:55 PM
Yeah I have taken out my friends Sentra SE-R. I wanna try the SPEC V. But who knows....

Sal
I thought those were the same car? Everytime I see one they have both spec-v and se-r stickers on them. Maybe there's just an influx of rice in my area... [/b][/quote]
I think the spec v is an upgrade for the SER, i don't think it adds power though, i believe it is just suspension or something, but i could be wrong.

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
Originally posted by spy2520+Aug 14 2004, 02:28 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (spy2520 @ Aug 14 2004, 02:28 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 14 2004, 01:52 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-SableSal
@Aug 13 2004, 11:55 PM

Sal

I thought those were the same car? Everytime I see one they have both spec-v and se-r stickers on them. Maybe there's just an influx of rice in my area...
I think the spec v is an upgrade for the SER, i don't think it adds power though, i believe it is just suspension or something, but i could be wrong. [/b][/quote]
the spec V has an extra 10 ponies, which brings it to 175hp with a 6speed

1 - 20 of 40 Posts