Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After you coat your ride you want to keep the paint perfect? Try this. I had a 2 step paint correction followed by CQuart Finest, but this should work for OptiCoat and 22PLE also since they are all very hydrophobic. (See the "Correcting Dealer Paint Damage thread I started for details on the original work.)

My detailer did the first wash... I have used his technique since. I am purchasing a water deionizer soon to make it as good as his.

It's this simple.. 1) rinse with hose, 2) rinse with pressure washer (I use 3100 psi), 3) use the foam cannon on the same pressure washer...wait 3-5 min... don't let it start drying, 4) rinse which pressure washer, 5) and here's the interesting step... blow dry with an electric lawn blower starting at the top.
With a coating no wax or other LSP is needed

This is truly a "no touch" technique and essentially.. no touch=no scratch. My standard is that the paint look like new autoglass.

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
What do you mean by "Coating"?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry to take so long to answer. A coating is a semi-permanent coating, harder and much thicker than your paint. I have CQuart finest, but there is also OptiCoat 2 and 22PLE. They offer superior paint protection and hydrophobic properties compared to sealers. No waxing! superior gloss, depth, and shine.

Check out this link:
CarPro Professional Car Coatings - CarPro Global - CQ FINEST

1 - 4 of 4 Posts