Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

The washer fluid shooters on my hood are not working. They spray but barely reach the window. Do i have to replace them or can they be repaired?

99' Taurus.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
They're called nozzles :p And pop your hood and check the washer hose where it runs from the body to the hood. It's probably all cracked up - very common, cuz Ford decided to use a rigid plastic hose in a spot that needs to flex. You can pick up a new hose that runs from the joint by the strut tower to both nozzles from the dealer, or you can just cut off the broken section and replace it with rubber hose, which is what i always do.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
I just replaced my previously repaired washer hose with the Ford OEM part - but don't know where the black clip attaches that is on the supply end of the hose. I'm guessing somewhere in the strut tower area? Anyone got a picture for a Gen 3?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Im having the same problem except the washerfluid isnt coming out at all can these get clogged? i can hear the pump going so i dont think its that

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
I just replaced my previously repaired washer hose with the Ford OEM part - but don't know where the black clip attaches that is on the supply end of the hose. I'm guessing somewhere in the strut tower area? Anyone got a picture for a Gen 3?
[/b]

It just presses down over on of the top strut studs.

·
Registered
512 Posts
you can also try and use a can of air and take the hose off under the hood and blow through the nozzle to blow out anything clogging it i've done it several times with mine

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

It just presses down over on of the top strut studs.
[/b][/quote]

Thansks for that :ford:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts