Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent the better part of 10 hours (you heard me) detailing my Taurus. I started by removing all of the decals from the dealership and all of the emblems from Ford. Then wash, clay bar, re-wash, Meguiars Ultimate Compound and Meguiars Ultimate Polish with the Porter-Cable, then Meguiars Gold Class Carnuba Plus wax. Meguiars Hot Rims Chrome Polish for the wheels. Tint is 20% carbon fiber on all windows. The pics are from my cell phone and don't do the finished product justice. Here she is:

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
That car looks GREAT. Nice sharp looking color in black. Tiny makes it look like a cop car or something. Nice work!

·
Spend my 02¢ wisely...
2,337 Posts
That is one darn good looking car. Absolutely gorgeous. I have a real soft spot for the Tuxedo Black paint. I can only imagine how great she looks in the sun.

The only thing that would make the car look better would be if there were two pipes sticking out the back and three little letters on the quarter windows that read "SHO" :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
That is one darn good looking car. Absolutely gorgeous. I have a real soft spot for the Tuxedo Black paint. I can only imagine how great she looks in the sun.

The only thing that would make the car look better would be if there were two pipes sticking out the back and three little letters on the quarter windows that read "SHO" :)
you just had to show that bitch off........

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

AGREED! (and thanks)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looks Good Just Bought the Same Color Car was thinking the Bars that go across the Grill with the slits would look good the same color black as the car, i think the chrome pieces around the grill would POP more ?? Thoughts

·
Registered
5 Posts
You car looks great. I was wondering what my car would look like without any rear badging, and it appears it would look more custom without all the chome on the rear lid.

I like the wheels, but your color would look nice with some black wheels and a black Mobsteel grille.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Looks Good Just Bought the Same Color Car was thinking the Bars that go across the Grill with the slits would look good the same color black as the car, i think the chrome pieces around the grill would POP more ?? Thoughts
Me too - have a 2013 in Tuxedo Black. Addressing he grill as you described is key.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts