Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Those of you that upgraded to 3.10, what changed? Any reason to do it?

Asking any but Smitty79 of course. :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Those of you that upgraded to 3.10, what changed? Any reason to do it?
Well, other than breaking Smitty79's phone I don't think anything has changed in form or function. To the point that Sync Services are still there while the service has been dead for at least 5 years now.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
So as an update, the dealership put the 911 assist app back on using IDS. I’m glad it’s not an issue across the board. I’m curious why my v3.10 update removed just that app, but may never know. Back in business now though.

I didn’t see any beneficial changes to the update from 3.8 to 3.10.. maybe just some bug fixes? It’s kind of like Apple iOS updates - sometimes you can’t see any bit of difference with an upgrade, and sometimes, things get broken. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Wow, it’s good to know what happened. How did you figure that out?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Wow, it’s good to know what happened. How did you figure that out?

I know what file it is and its not referenced in the install. It could have been added separately without going to the dealer but you have it corrected now. Unfortunately after SYNC3 was in the works, MFT support through Ford went down the tubes. They even put out updates for nav units that were missing the nav files at one point and people were losing nav and had to go to the dealer to get it back because they wouldn't release a simple patch that would have fixed it. Whats even more funny is they still include the Vehicle Health Report and Turn by Turn Directions app even though they are not supported anymore.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Interesting, for future reference, how would you go about installing a single, missing app?

21 - 31 of 31 Posts