Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know how many of you have seen this list, but it is getting bigger everyday unfortunately. I read through A-D on the list and I was so disgusted with the situation that I didn't continue at the time. It is just was to many death and a large amount of these are not even in combat conditions.
CNN

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
The unfortunate reality of modern warfare is friendly fire casualties.

Before Desert Storm, disease was the number one killer of armies. In recent times, "field medicine" has advanced to the point where disease is no longer a serious threat on the battlefield. Nowadays, dropping bombs on your buddies, or hitting friendlies in the crossfire of urban warfare is the bigger threat.

War can not be without casualties. It's war.

Opinion aside... those are the facts, whether a person agrees or disagrees with our mission in the Middle East.

It could be worse.

·
Registered
359 Posts
It also has a lot to do with our weaponry. Our weapons are designed to strike from as far away as possible, but we rely on proper target acquisition. Smart weapons are great and enable us to spare civilians and infrastructure, but malfunctions are going to happen and poor target indentification will happen as well. It's unfortunate, but its the nature of the beast.

It seems as though there were a lot of non-combat casualties from accidents. I've read some reports that said at one point traffic accidents in Iraq had killed more US soldiers than enemy fire. I'm not sure if that's still true with all of the IEDs going off.

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
You know, that all sucks and all, but the people that really make me sad are those who are getting unhealthy doses of depleted uranium. Gulf War Syndrome sucks :angry: (that is, of course, if it's real. Still sad, reading some of the reports of the people who came back from the Gulf War with stuff like burning semen :blink: )

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
Originally posted by biteableniles@Jun 30 2004, 12:27 AM
You know, that all sucks and all, but the people that really make me sad are those who are getting unhealthy doses of depleted uranium. Gulf War Syndrome sucks :angry: (that is, of course, if it's real. Still sad, reading some of the reports of the people who came back from the Gulf War with stuff like burning semen :blink: )
Very true. DU is some nasty stuff, but thats what makes armor piercing tank rounds so effective.

Ah, man......moments like these make me worry about the DoC :(

-Damon

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
Originally posted by biteableniles@Jun 29 2004, 11:27 PM
...people who came back from the Gulf War with stuff like burning semen :blink: )
Are you sure they didn't engage in some "under the covers" activity with the locals? Soldiers get kinda lonely in the desert, ya know.

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Originally posted by spridget+Jun 30 2004, 12:10 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (spridget @ Jun 30 2004, 12:10 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-biteableniles@Jun 29 2004, 11:27 PM
...people who came back from the Gulf War with stuff like burning semen  :blink: )
Are you sure they didn't engage in some "under the covers" activity with the locals? Soldiers get kinda lonely in the desert, ya know. [/b][/quote]
I wish I could say I knew. (I don't know if you were joking or not, I'm assuming you were but responding as if you weren't.) I read the special in Readers Digest; this guy came back to his wife and kid, who were both ok. He slept with his wife, and had another child. He was sick with the syndrome (he didn't know what was wrong), he got his wife sick, and their child was born with very horrible problems. One the the things in the story was that the mans semen would literally burn his wife. Other things were wrong, too, like his organs were beginning to fail, and she was facing some serious problems, too. Their child they had before the war remained fine. I know the failing organ things should have impacted me more, but...theres just something creapy about burning semen :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts