Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im lookin for a short ram kit for my car. All i really need is the filter and the MAF adapter. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
20 Posts
for my 40 series flowmaster im going to a muffler shop in the area and picking one up for about $50 dollars. Then me and my buddy are gonna install it ourselves. A lil more work... but saves a lot money. If you have a friend who knows about cars it would help also.

(u can try lookin on ebay for cheaper stuff also)

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
Originally posted by Defsmack@Apr 14 2004, 08:31 AM
was tryin to find a cheaper way of gettin one
Cheaper than what? $30 for the MAF adapter, and then $40 for a cone filter? You won't find a MAF adapter cheaper, and draxas is one of the few shops that make stuff for the Taurii. Support them, so they will have the money to research more mods. Sorry to rant.

WElcome to the TCCA!!

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Yes, you can try making the adapter yourself, but how much is your time worth? Buy the adapter and get a cone filter from ebay for like $10-$15 (new or slightly used, it doesn't really matter as long as the filter element is maintained properly)

S

·
0 Posts
If you want something done right man... you should refer to the last thread on this where Bob got pissed off at some indivisuals that had a situation similar then this one. You cant go cheap on these cars man. You get what you pay for. I got the kit from Draxas, and my car is freakin' sweet! I wouldn't go out and buy a Autozone filter, and make an adapter out of duct tape and PVC piping... it's just wrong. We are taking away the business that is built here for us. These companies that are willing to provide us an aftermarket. When there should not be one at all.

These guys, like Bob, are building things to help us improve our vehicles. Our Taurus', SHOs, and Sables. I mean, not purchasing something from them is like a slap in the face!

In one sentece,....

~Support the Aftermarket, and it will support you!~

·
Registered
21 Posts
No offense to Bob or anything. Hell i'm gunna get my Maf from draxas but a muffler shop will usually bend you a peice a tubin if you give dem da measurments then all ya have ta do is make a braket fo tha Maf an put a cone filter on it. i also someone who put a civic short intake on they gen 2 an it fit pretty good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts