Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2003 SES Vulcan Sedan
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm my attempt to upgrade my new (from dad!) Taurus with as many OEM options as possible I made it to the local pull a part today on a mission. Of course when I got there I was overwhelmed. In the 20+ bulls they had, I found ONE mach RCU (from a 1999) and zero gen4 mach sails. Totally forgot to look for the 10 other things on my list!!

Anyway, is anyone here unloading mach sails for... pullapartish prices? :/

If not, no worries, I'll plug in the rcu & be patient about the tweeters till someone local crashes theirs!!

Thanks for reading!

EDIT: My local jy has the tweeters/sails for a gen3, so if you're hunting those but can only find gen4, we can trade!!

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Just as a warning, most of the older Mach RCU's have cold solder issues and have failed by now. You want to pull an 03 or later unit if you can to avoid this.

·
Registered
2003 SES Vulcan Sedan
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just as a warning, most of the older Mach RCU's have cold solder issues and have failed by now. You want to pull an 03 or later unit if you can to avoid this.

Ohh, good to know! I'd like to hit the jy kinda regular, so hopefully I can grab a newer one.

For the time being, I've got the mach installed & it seems to be ok

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Ohh, good to know! I'd like to hit the jy kinda regular, so hopefully I can grab a newer one.

For the time being, I've got the mach installed & it seems to be ok
Sounds like you got lucky. I remember going through like 3 or 4 older units before I found one that worked, but this was years ago.

·
Registered
2003 SES Vulcan Sedan
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like you got lucky. I remember going through like 3 or 4 older units before I found one that worked, but this was years ago.
Well I'm glad I did. Of the 25 or so gen3/4 bulls there, 24 had the trunk liner peeled back as if someone prior to me was doing the same thing (all of them had the standard RCU). So it's kinda crazy that the one that wasn't checked was a mach system.

The shame was that that 99 had the sail tweeters but I left them since they wouldn't fit.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was able to find a pair of tweeters on ebay, for not much. However that was long after I started combing the site daily. Personally I'd check ebay once a day along with craigslist, offerup and facebook Marketplace. They`re definitely worth it and easy to wire in. It just may take some time to find em.

·
Registered
2003 SES Vulcan Sedan
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was able to find a pair of tweeters on ebay, for not much. However that was long after I started combing the site daily. Personally I'd check ebay once a day along with craigslist, offerup and facebook Marketplace. They`re definitely worth it and easy to wire in. It just may take some time to find em.
That's the plan. Patience with ebay (reasonably priced) or be quick at the jy when fresh meat arrives. I hadn't heard of offerup, so I'll keep an eye on it too, thanks!

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Well I'm glad I did. Of the 25 or so gen3/4 bulls there, 24 had the trunk liner peeled back as if someone prior to me was doing the same thing (all of them had the standard RCU). So it's kinda crazy that the one that wasn't checked was a mach system.

The shame was that that 99 had the sail tweeters but I left them since they wouldn't fit.
99 Sail tweeters will fit a gen 4, I have gen 4 mach tweets on my 98. The part number is almost the same too.

·
Registered
2003 SES Vulcan Sedan
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
99 Sail tweeters will fit a gen 4, I have gen 4 mach tweets on my 98. The part number is almost the same too.
Really???

Like this is the same for gen3 & 4??! If so, I'll head back to pullapart but I'd hate to drop coin I don't really have if it's like a weird fit or something.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts