Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my names alex i have a 2000 ford taurus. im looking for someone in the area that has experience and guarantees that he will make my car stop overheating but also reasonable you know im not rich or anything lol . please send me a note.

the only things ive done is change my thermostat and tank reservoir did a flush checks for leaks and nothing. also i have a question is overheating reason why my car is stalling ?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I would believe you need to put out a whole lot more info. What's the mileage, what have you done to it maintainance wise etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hey ok thanks for the replies hopefully someone if the forum is from the area and knows someone. im not really the type of guy to go pulling engines off. doing basics yes but bigger jobs no.

well i have the regular v6 non dohc. the car has 115xxx miles.
to say the truth the car was sitting for a while like over 2 years. i got it back running replace the battery did a oil and transmission. i change the spark plugs set the gap at 42. replace the wires. for the overheating so far thermostat tankreservoir. i diagnostic and got a p1131 code.

my car has poor mileage and feels like it has no power i cant go pass 40 pedal to the floor.

they told me before i take care of the over heating i should get these codes fix first? that maybe that is the reason why im over heating since im not leaking or anyhting and the guy says my water pump seems to be circulating fine.. but i could replace my radiator since it might be cloged and my heater core is the reason why im blowing cold air.

ive had made a couple of searches on the forum and read on here that after fixing the p1131 o2sensor lite changeing the coil pack cleaning the MAF the problem was still there for one guy i remember it was the pvc line im not shure i forgot but that solved his problem . i forgot to save it :(

i will keep searching the forum and see what i can find. thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I'm located in Nuevo, CA (That's about 6-7 miles from you) If you want I can take a look at it ? I cant promise anything but I can do a few things to deturmine what is wrong with it. If your interested PM Me. I'll be putting in some Lights on my house tonight and if you want to stop by I'll take a look.

Troy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hey 00green i send you a message.

yes i did put fresh gas and some injector cleaner too.

okay i took my car to the shop yesterday and to get a diagnosis. this is what the guy told me the engine has low compression and something about the vacuum was low also. he suspectes there a broken headgasket but he wasnt shure thats why the car is overheating and misfiring . he says he dont want to put work openning the head and charging me for all the work then if its not broken you kno the rest. so he recommended me to find a new engine? instead of spending more money and guessing on little stuff . what do you guys thinks .should i look for new engine or this guy doesnt kno what he is talking about.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
It is possible to do a compression test and he should of given you the numbers. If you know the car was having problems it was possible to blow the head gaskets. One thing to check is for a milkshake in the oil.

Again you can have some guys from SHOCal check it out. They may know SHO's better but they could figure it out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts