Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 SES 3.0 Vulcan Taurus that i am trying to sell. It has normal rustbelt rust with 214k miles. I know that sounds like alot of miles but its been kept up to date with all fluid flushes and the damn thing runs awesome, suprisingly awesome at its mileage. Its also got brand new cooper gold tires valued at 450$. I was wondering if asking 1500$ was too much.
Let me know what you all think.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
It's worth whatever someone will pay.check locally what something comparable goes for,Facebook market,craigslist,letgo,offerup,ect.

·
Super Moderator
7,871 Posts
^^^^ Yup!

Like Automender I live in the rust belt. Over the years I have sent a number of perfectly running cars to the JY due to tin worm. If I lived in a salt free region of the country I would probably still be daily driving the 67 Mustang 289 I had in high school back in the early 1970s.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
^^^^ Yup!

Like Automender I live in the rust belt. Over the years I have sent a number of perfectly running cars to the JY due to tin worm. If I lived in a salt free region of the country I would probably still be daily driving the 67 Mustang 289 I had in high school back in the early 1970s.
But those rusty cars go to the JY and make parts to keep others alive for years. Pic, wheels $30 per including tax, and that part in the middle, bet you can't buy that anywhere else. Alt belt water shield for G-4 DOHC. Missing on my used wagon buy along with missing air dam, battery cover, inner fender liner, and this as well as a spare tire.

Works for me.
-chart-

Attachments

·
Registered
504 Posts
My opinion is that's a good starting price but don't be offended if someone offers you $500.

·
Registered
161 Posts
A car like yours may appeal to someone looking for a winter driver in order to preserve their newer cars from the same rusty fate. I'd be prepared to accept a considerably lower offer, though.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I would accept no lower than 1000. Any car that runs and drives is worth a minimum of 700. And that one doesnt look beat to piss. Start hard with the 1500, if thats truely what you want for it.

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
I looked at the pics you posted and my 2001 that is heading to the scrap yard is in the same condition. Just being realistic but you have some bad rust, lost the rocker cover and some large holes over the rear wheel. If it is structurally sound then great but can you jack the rear up without the jack crushing the steel rocker sections? That is why my 2001 is going to be scrapped.

You can ask $1500 but you will be lucky to get over $500. The real question is how the underside looks, any holes in the floor? Do you have inspections in your area?

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
I looked at the pics you posted and my 2001 that is heading to the scrap yard is in the same condition. Just being realistic but you have some bad rust, lost the rocker cover and some large holes over the rear wheel. If it is structurally sound then great but can you jack the rear up without the jack crushing the steel rocker sections? That is why my 2001 is going to be scrapped.

You can ask $1500 but you will be lucky to get over $500. The real question is how the underside looks, any holes in the floor? Do you have inspections in your area?
This one still on the road, 6 years later. Way too much work to do that again for this old coot. Foamed the rocker area, spray stuff all under, and Bondo and glass cloth to patch the dog leg hole.

-chart-

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts