Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I checked out Crutchfield.com and I did a search on the forums here(didnt even work). But Im SURE this has been asked a ba-jillian times.

How do I put an aftermarket stereo in!!??
Does anybody manufacture an adaptor bezel.....or anything that looks halfway descent?

I have a 2000 Taurus.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance! :)

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
You need to buy a Taurus HU adapter do-dad. It can be had for around 50 dollars. I purchased my metra one from circuit city for 49.99 free shipping etc etc.

You can buy some ford DIN removal tools from wal mart for abouty 3-4 dollars...push it in the 4 holes in the dash...pop out the old one and follow the directions that come with the HU adapter kit that you have... takes me 30 minutes.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Unless you have a gen3 with the digital climate controls and then you are up s*** creek unless you plan on doing some custom fabricating (i'm going to have to do this soon)

·
Registered
746 Posts
Originally posted by hightecredneck@Jun 17 2004, 10:26 PM
Unless you have a gen3 with the digital climate controls and then you are up s*** creek unless you plan on doing some custom fabricating (i'm going to have to do this soon)
or gen 4...

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Originally posted by hoss+Jun 17 2004, 09:40 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hoss @ Jun 17 2004, 09:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hightecredneck@Jun 17 2004, 10:26 PM
or gen 4... [/b][/quote]
The gen4s have the same problems with the DCC? Learn something new each day. I had always heard the complaints about gen3 but not about gen4 so far (at least i think i haven't)

·
Registered
746 Posts
Originally posted by hightecredneck+Jun 18 2004, 12:35 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hightecredneck @ Jun 18 2004, 12:35 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 17 2004, 09:40 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-hightecredneck
@Jun 17 2004, 10:26 PM

or gen 4...
The gen4s have the same problems with the DCC? Learn something new each day. I had always heard the complaints about gen3 but not about gen4 so far (at least i think i haven't) [/b][/quote]
yeah, the g4's have the climate control issues as well. im currently dealing with it, but will be doing some custom fiberglass work to modify the dash VERY soon.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol, no, I dont have electronic climate control. just tha knobs. I'll go to circuit city to see what they have. Do you have any pix??? I would really like to see what this bad boy looks like. Thanks guys!!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well, I bought the adaptor peice....itl do, dosent look too bad, but the displys for the HVAC knobs are cheapy stickers. I also ordered a real nice Clarion Head unit. Will be getting all new 5X7's...also looking to put subs too. Ive yet to have bass in any car Ive had, this one will be ferfect! :) Thanx for the tips guys

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I got the head unit in.......The stero works... BUT the spedo, windows, locks, and god knows what else dosent work!! :angry: also, the air-bag light stays on, and the lil light that comes on when ur running ur brights is always on too.... :angry:

I honestly dunno what the hell happened. I just wired it all to the harnesses that came with that aftermarket dash bezel. Fuse must be blown or somethin.....I'll take it somewhere this week and have someone else do it. :rolleyes:

Oh yea......now one of my HVAC knobs dosent fit, and the temp switch....well, it keeps on turnin!! It dosent stop at all the way cold or all the way hot. You can just rotate it 360degress, so I have no idea what temp its set at!! :angry: :rolleyes:

ugh :fuming:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
you blew the radio fuse, upgrade to a 15amp (blue if i remember correctly) and your speedo will start working again.

Brad

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol, yea, I just fixed it. It was a 15amp fuse, from under the dash. Everything works great now. Not to mention those stock 5X7's actually got some bump to em!! They'll be gone very soon tho.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts