Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
walmart

:blink: ###### people what a sad world we live in.
they walked over the body to continue shopping.

i cannot wait till the lawsuit is filed.

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
I hate this day. I had to work from 4 AM to 4 PM. What many people don't understand, a lot of "sales" are just obsolete ****.

"OH! A VIDEO CAMERA THAT IS $20!!!" Yeah, because it was designed for Windows 95/98/ME/2000, has a very low resolution, and only supports a maximum of 1 GB!! What a fantastic deal! Bet I couldn't find that online for dirt cheap either.

Laptops/Desktops, they are models that are soon to be discontinued or are discontinued.

Sure some TV's are good prices... But markup on those are already huge.

People turn from regular humans to savages. Thankfully at my work we had some control.

Then people who come in around 12 PM are the most retarded, "You still have this laptop for $300?" "Nope, sold out when we opened our doors." "Aw well that's BS! That's bait and switch! I come in, and you guys dont even have this laptop! That's bs!"

What disgusts me is how people have no regard for other people except a stupid sale. Congrada######inlations. You killed someone to buy something cheap. A life has no meaning. Thankfully. we had a line, and management and security (We hired a security guard!) handed out vouchers for items that people would probably kill each other over such as those $300 laptops.

Police have seized surveillance video. Some in the crowd may face criminal charges, amid questions if Wal-Mart's security was adequate as they promoted huge sales.
[/b]
I hope they get the most time they can get. Retail sucks as it is. But when it is a job to help me pay for my own car, pay for my tuition, bills. I shouldn't have to worry about my life.

·
COTM Advisor
1,013 Posts
Yet another reason I will never go out on black Friday.

:rolleyes2:

·
Registered
982 Posts
They'd make just as much money and make things safer if they only make the deals avaiable only on the internet, nobody leaves home, nobody drives like jerks and people don't get crushed under the sliding doors at Wal-Mart.

·
Premium Member
962 Posts
i agree with the online only buys, i bought a new tv this morning on best buy's website, no driving, no crowds, no deaths, just a larger portion of my balance missing :)

i feel bad for the guy's family who now has to spend it without their loved one for all of the remaining Christmases from now til they themselves pass...

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
I was comparing the "doorbuster" sales price on a Sony TV at Sears to the online price at Sony.com. Same TV at Sears was $2799 with $700 instant rebate... $2100 if I drive to Sears which is 60 miles away and face the crowds, or $2799 with $600 instand rebate online with FREE shipping.... I'll spend the extra $100, thanks.

I heard about the WalMart incident. Terrible. Locally, a "sports and outdoors" megastore was robbed at gunpoint. No one hurt, thankfully.

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
People can be stupid. Once the doors opened at 4 AM yesterday, my coworkers and I sat back and watched as people ran into the store... Some people literally went full-out "olympic" style running to items. Thankfully it was a little more organized this year compared to last... But it was still crazy. Why do people do this??

I hate Black Friday, but I disagree about online only. I would be out of a job if Sears were to make their store Online only, and I wouldn't be too happy.

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
I worked at EB Games at the mall from 6 am (open) to 3 pm. We have 2 regesters and people were standing in both lines and fighting over who was there first. So my job was to make sure everyone went to one line, and I called people over to the 2nd regester by whos next in line, to make it fair.

Well whenever someone asked me a question and I turned around for a second, 2 or 3 people would line up in the "short" line. When I turned back around I had to ask them to move to the other line. I got alot of "HEY IVE BEEN HERE FOR A FEW MIN, THANKS FOR WASTING MY TIME!" and one guy I got in an arguement with "Man ive been here for a minute" and i was like "no you havnt, I just saw you walk in", "No, not minte like 60 seconds, minute like a long time" then i was like "No you havnt" so he still wouldnt move, i just told the cashier not to cash him out. Worked like a charm.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I worked at EB Games at the mall from 6 am (open) to 3 pm. We have 2 regesters and people were standing in both lines and fighting over who was there first. So my job was to make sure everyone went to one line, and I called people over to the 2nd regester by whos next in line, to make it fair.

Well whenever someone asked me a question and I turned around for a second, 2 or 3 people would line up in the "short" line. When I turned back around I had to ask them to move to the other line. I got alot of "HEY IVE BEEN HERE FOR A FEW MIN, THANKS FOR WASTING MY TIME!" and one guy I got in an arguement with "Man ive been here for a minute" and i was like "no you havnt, I just saw you walk in", "No, not minte like 60 seconds, minute like a long time" then i was like "No you havnt" so he still wouldnt move, i just told the cashier not to cash him out. Worked like a charm.
[/b]
ah yes black friday. i worked it year before last when I worked at cc. An experience I wouldn't want to revisit.

·
Registered
870 Posts
They should just do away with the whole Black Friday crap! It's not really worth it! If you shop around, or buy online you'll find some better deals throughout the whole year instead of waiting for that one day after Thanksgiving where everyone in the mall becomes savages!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Ya, I didn't go in until 10, but the store is pretty well trashed by then.

I always think the dumbest people are those who I see grocery shopping. Why? It's Black Friday, you dont grocery shop that morning.

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
this reminds me of when the Playstation 3 came out. I heard somebody was shot in the parking lot because they bought the last one.

its ridiculous what some people will do to get what they dont even need.

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
Ya, I didn't go in until 10, but the store is pretty well trashed by then.

I always think the dumbest people are those who I see grocery shopping. Why? It's Black Friday, you dont grocery shop that morning.
[/b]
Grocery stores are empty on black Friday due to everyone Christmas shopping, perfect time to go to the grocery store. That and 8AM Sunday when everyone is at church.

I do ALL of my shopping online, except for one or two things. I have for many years. Everything gets shipped to my company. I think the only thing I did not buy online this year was a sewing machine for my GF. My mother got me a deal at the place she goes to in RI. I got a 500 dollar machine for like 300 bucks. :mj_banana:

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
[/b]
Why the hell not?

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
That is just stupied of any manager to not put more employees on the door to help with opening when you have that big of a crowed.
Another way to stop this from happening is give out rainchecks.
Not giving raincheck for the store lacking nessary quanity of product is bait and switch.
It is just like the car dealers advertizing the 1 car on the lot for way less then the 12 same speked cars next to it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts